PDA

View Full Version : Other Pieces When Doing Flex Disc?

DaCan23
03-06-2006, 01:30 PM
I will be ordering and replacing the flex disc really soon. Any other parts I should order aside from the Flex Disc?

Also the Cats & Exhaust will be replaced at the same time, eliminating the center silencer resonator.

632 Regal
03-06-2006, 01:51 PM
center support good?

peterllo
03-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I will be ordering and replacing the flex disc really soon. Any other parts I should order aside from the Flex Disc?

Also the Cats & Exhaust will be replaced at the same time, eliminating the center silencer resonator.

New bolts for the disc, Bentley's says not to reuse the ones that come out.
Regals's idea is a good one. Check your rear trans mounts for cracking as well, they can be replaced with the trans in the car. Also check your rear trans seal for seepage/leaking. Its' a cheap part and the disc has to be removed to do it anyway.

With the exhaust have you done your O2 sensor lately?

DaCan23
03-06-2006, 03:19 PM
So I should also get?

6 New Bolts & Nuts
Centering Sleeve
Center Mount

Robin-535im
03-06-2006, 03:58 PM
So I should also get?

6 New Bolts & Nuts
Centering Sleeve
Center Mount
Rear tranny mounts, exhaust hanger donuts maybe? Guibo doesn't really require much to come off so unless you're a fanatic or need to justify stuff with SWMBO, not too much I can think of... :)

DaCan23
03-06-2006, 04:08 PM
Yes I also was gonna think about the trans mounts.

Since I need a flex disc defintely, and exhaust will be out. I would like to do everything in the area instead of dealing with it in the near future.

My O2's are only 2 or 3 yrs old.

genphreak
03-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Yes I also was gonna think about the trans mounts. Since I need a flex disc defintely, and exhaust will be out. I would like to do everything in the area instead of dealing with it in the near future. My O2's are only 2 or 3 yrs old.Definately add a centre bearing and universal joint fi you have to pull the shaft, tey are so cheap. It's hell to get apart to fit them, you need to mark it accross the middle and get so they don't put it back together away from the original mating location and I'd take it to a drive shaft place with the bearing and perhaps the uni to have them pressed out with the right tools. They can put another (non-replaceable uni) in there or retrofit a replaceable type instead. Its good to spend some time to make sure your under-floor insualtion is all neat, clean and shiny and firmly mounted- you must make sure not to contaminate the drive shaft-diff joint and perhaps you can change the grease anyway (only for the right stuff of course) as it does last for a long long time. :) Nick

Robin-535im
03-06-2006, 07:40 PM
Yes I also was gonna think about the trans mounts.

Since I need a flex disc defintely, and exhaust will be out. I would like to do everything in the area instead of dealing with it in the near future.

My O2's are only 2 or 3 yrs old.

Oh - remember to wear eye protection. All that undercar stuff will drop little kernels of grit in your eyes when you least expect it!