PDA

View Full Version : Trans A/M Switch Needed

saj3n
03-06-2006, 01:24 PM
I have had a problem in the past couple of months regarding my transmission shifting by itself into manual mode, and staying there, without being able to be switched back, and then later returning to Auto. Finally, after getting annoyed to the point of no return, I swapped the Trans switch (next to gearbox shifter) with the sunroof switch, and problem solved! I was able to switch back and forth from Auto to Manual, without a problem... Now I need to pick up a new trans switch.

Evan
03-06-2006, 01:43 PM
How did you think to swap in the sunroof switch? Brilliant!

632 Regal
03-06-2006, 01:44 PM
contact Rigmaster he probably has a drawer full.

saj3n
03-06-2006, 01:45 PM
How did you think to swap in the sunroof switch? Brilliant!

Jon K.'s Idea! :-D

Jon K
03-12-2006, 12:21 AM
Jasen did you find the switch yet? Are you sure it's the switch?

ThoreauHD
03-12-2006, 12:29 AM
http://www2.bimmerpartswholesale.com/parts/parts1/bimmerparts/wizard.jsp?year=1994&make=BM&model=530-I-002&category=J&part=EH-Gearbox+Switch&dp=false

It's 40 bucks.

saj3n
03-12-2006, 12:36 AM
have not picked one up yet. POSITIVE its the switch. Swapped switches, using the sunroof switch, was able to switch flawlessly back and forth from Auto to Manual. I then left in Auto position, and swapped with the original trans switch, it immediately went to Manual mode, and would not switch out. unplugged switch, put sunroof switch back on, but back in Auto, disconnected and was good to go.

Jon K
03-14-2006, 01:54 AM
have not picked one up yet. POSITIVE its the switch. Swapped switches, using the sunroof switch, was able to switch flawlessly back and forth from Auto to Manual. I then left in Auto position, and swapped with the original trans switch, it immediately went to Manual mode, and would not switch out. unplugged switch, put sunroof switch back on, but back in Auto, disconnected and was good to go.

Good deal man!

Let me know when you want to do those other repairs.

saj3n
03-14-2006, 01:56 AM
Good deal man!

Let me know when you want to do those other repairs.

Very soon! I plan to drive down to Alabama on the 16th of april, so I definitely need to have them done by then. I was thinking about throwing on some lowering springs... But heard that Vogtland, brand I was going to go with, lowers a bit low for the v8's. Any suggestions?

03-14-2006, 02:00 AM
I have had a problem in the past couple of months regarding my transmission shifting by itself into manual mode, and staying there, without being able to be switched back, and then later returning to Auto. Finally, after getting annoyed to the point of no return, I swapped the Trans switch (next to gearbox shifter) with the sunroof switch, and problem solved! I was able to switch back and forth from Auto to Manual, without a problem... Now I need to pick up a new trans switch.
Make an offer...I got one