PDA

View Full Version : Gas Tnak Replacement

E34 530
03-04-2006, 09:27 AM
How hard is it to replace the e34 gas tank?? Anyone ever do it before?? Is there any digrams or step-by-step procedures?? Thanks, Andrew

Bimminator
03-05-2006, 11:17 AM
How hard is it to replace the e34 gas tank?? Anyone ever do it before?? Is there any digrams or step-by-step procedures?? Thanks, Andrew
Are you putting in new or are you having rebuilt? I discovered a leak at the filler tube last fall. Hadn't noticed it before as it had been a while since I filled it up past half. Ayway, I opted to have mine rebuilt at approx. $350 Can. compared to over $800. for new. Came back looking great, epoxy coated etc., leak re-welded. Any way you go anticipate having to drop your exhaust system, and I believe your drive shaft. And you will also likely need new tank straps to support the tank as they will be pretty rotten. Definately you will want to get the car up off the ground so a lift will be a huge plus, and be sure to run your tank to near empty so as not to make a huge mess when lowering it from the car. Hope this helps. Not a hard job, just lots of steps to get to it, and a lift is really necessary or at least high jack stands.

Good luck,
Shawn