PDA

View Full Version : Is Parchment the only E34 Interior Beige?

93 525 Paul
03-04-2006, 12:25 AM
I'm trying to replace my rear seat. Sun damage has fubared the top of the original and I see some advertised as beige. To my eye parchment = beige, but wonder if there are other versions of beige in E34s. Yes? No?

Bill R.
03-04-2006, 12:29 AM
colors of what i would call beigehttp://home.onlineok.com/%7Ecompman/Artwork/intcolors.jpg

I'm trying to replace my rear seat. Sun damage has fubared the top of the original and I see some advertised as beige. To my eye parchment = beige, but wonder if there are other versions of beige in E34s. Yes? No?

Kalevera
03-04-2006, 12:31 AM
Generally, most US E34s built before MY 1992 (I don't know the exact cutoff date, could be in '91, but I think it corresponds to the seat change) use Natur. It's a slightly lighter hue to the later pergament.

best, whit

93 525 Paul
03-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Great info Bill. Yikes. Ah, so we are talking about a ton of beiges. Sand, light sand, natural, parchment and beyond.
Oh well. The $200 place said bring a snip of the seat (from underneat the seat bottom where it is pristine) and we can match it. The $100 place said it's beige.
No chance of having my cake and...

Bill R.
03-04-2006, 12:41 AM
Great info Bill. Yikes. Ah, so we are talking about a ton of beiges. Sand, light sand, natural, parchment and beyond.
Oh well. The $200 place said bring a snip of the seat (from underneat the seat bottom where it is pristine) and we can match it. The $100 place said it's beige.
No chance of having my cake and...

93 525 Paul
03-04-2006, 12:48 AM
And another thing. I had the opportunity to work with Stihl Outdoor Power equipment many years ago and was socializing with a product manager from Andreas Stihl (headquarters in Germany.) Of course his educational background was engineering (marketing? Sales? If it's not engineering it's CRAP!)
Anyway, I asked him why there were so many chain saw power heads. It seemed to me the weight, displacement and power differences were microscopic and they might pick up some manufacturing efficiencies by going to a line with fewer power heads and bigger gaps in the specs. After a 12 minute answer, I deduced that there wasn't much point in suggesting other ways to do things.
So, we have beige, sand, light sand, medium sand, thirty screen sand, nairobi tan, blah, blah, blah...

93 525 Paul
03-04-2006, 12:51 AM
Usually your color code is on the bottom of the rear seat.
I'll see if I can get the "value priced" place to look on the seat bottom. :)