PDA

View Full Version : 525 tds fuel economy

superkev525
03-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi new to this site just wanted some info on the 525TDS touring. Roughly how much should the car do on a full tank? The car runs well no starting problems hot or cold and the performance is good, but the fuel economy seems poor. Is their any where i can get info on the car and is their a manual for it? Any help is much appreciated thanks.

High Compression II
03-03-2006, 07:30 PM
Hi new to this site just wanted some info on the 525TDS touring. Roughly how much should the car do on a full tank? The car runs well no starting problems hot or cold and the performance is good, but the fuel economy seems poor. Is their any where i can get info on the car and is their a manual for it? Any help is much appreciated thanks.

With my '93/4 525 TDs auto, with standard ECU EEPROMS, and 134K miles, Im getting a little over 100 miles per quarter tank marks on guage, so maybe up to 500 miles to a tank-full--I dont let the tank go below quarter--Its a personal thing! ....

Im currently running 100% BioDiesel fuel, but will go back to veggy oil in the summer...........

Guess you should get around the same--These are not known for their economy!--BUT Oh, what a great diesel engine:D

iainand
03-04-2006, 03:41 AM
in my 525tds manual saloon i get 550 to 600 miles out a tank, thats running to just below quarter, means roughly 40mpg.

superkev525
03-04-2006, 07:44 AM
Thanks for the reply guys, do you know if their is a manual for the diesel engined car? my car is a manual and im getting around the 100 mile a quarter mark. So how do you go about the veggie oil ive seen it on top gear and read some stuff on the internet.