PDA

View Full Version : A good (and very long) detailed thread on a turbocharged engine buildup.

DanDombrowski
03-03-2006, 11:12 AM
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=25895

This is a thread that I found on the turbobricks forum that I go to check out stuff for my Volvo.

I thought long and hard (about 8 seconds) about weather or not to put this in the OT section. I decided to post it here because I've seen a few people asking about supercharger and turbocharger installations, headgaskets, etc. I think its a very comprehensive journal of what you would go through should you decide to rebuild an engine (for performance or otherwise) from the ground up, including piston selection, compression ratio, cam selection, etc.

It also deals with the megasquirt system, a standalone engine management kit. I remember Jon K did something like this, although I didn't read enough of it to find out what brand it was.

I thought it was an interesting read at the very least. If someone feels that because its a volvo engine that it should be deleted or moved, go ahead. I find that the technology of BMW engines and Volvo's engines were pretty similar for the time period.