PDA

View Full Version : Door Lock / Keyless Entry Timing...

Erwin8r
03-02-2006, 04:53 PM
Just picked the car up from the shop (diff install) and went to lock the car with the remote--the remote arms, then disarms; I notice that the driver's side door lock doesn't go down with the arming. Can this be a timing issue? I tried the old method of locking the doors from the passenger side, then unlocking from the driver's side, but this didn't cure the issue. The lock itself works fine, and I can lock/unlock the doors from this lock as well--it just seems as if it's not coordinating with the remote... Any helpf/suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks!

Rus
03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
The locks can be synchronized. To do this, close all doors and insert your key into the driver's door lock. Turn to the lock position, then to the double lock position, and finally turn slightly past double lock position (slight resistance should will be felt). At this point your locks should be synchronized. This is explained quite well in the owner's manual on pages 10 and 11. Hope this helps.

Scott H
03-02-2006, 07:06 PM
and the pin and the latch can also slip out from time to time jamming the system on that particlar door. If synchronizing fails, try popping the oval plastic cover plug off the side of the door lust above the latch and inspect the linkage.

Just picked the car up from the shop (diff install) and went to lock the car with the remote--the remote arms, then disarms; I notice that the driver's side door lock doesn't go down with the arming. Can this be a timing issue? I tried the old method of locking the doors from the passenger side, then unlocking from the driver's side, but this didn't cure the issue. The lock itself works fine, and I can lock/unlock the doors from this lock as well--it just seems as if it's not coordinating with the remote... Any helpf/suggestions would be appreciated... Thanks!

Bill R.
03-02-2006, 07:18 PM
only synch from the passenger side door lockhttp://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images2/lockssync.jpg
And sometimes you have to repeat the synch, lock, open , lock ,open process a couple of times to get it to work.

The locks can be synchronized. To do this, close all doors and insert your key into the driver's door lock. Turn to the lock position, then to the double lock position, and finally turn slightly past double lock position (slight resistance should will be felt). At this point your locks should be synchronized. This is explained quite well in the owner's manual on pages 10 and 11. Hope this helps.

Rus
03-02-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the correction Bill. I was going by the manual I got with the car and it wasn't too specific on which door should be used for synchronizing (just re-read it again).