PDA

View Full Version : *****March 2nd OT Thread******

DaCan23
03-02-2006, 12:21 PM
Here's my post about things..... and from my thoughts.... how about we try to keep the OT threads from overloading things... not that I have an issue with it, but if it will help things settle down.

I like Ed's take, lets take a step back and pick it up from there in a bit.

I have been kinda mum on all the discussion lately about our little community.

I have been here since the beginning, I was on Roadflea, and when all the good people jumped ship I followed b/c I knew a non corporate community would benefit us all.

Yes theres been a lot of new people, yes common issues get brought up weekly.... but hey I just discovered in the past 2 weeks my sunroof tilts and what type of airflow all the cabin vents have. And I've owned my E34 for almost 6 years.

I couldnt understand all the talk in that past couple weeks about what the board has become. This place has always been one of my favorite sites on the web. It's like my car nut internet family... My GF still looks at me funny every time I mention my car internet buddies. I have no problems with anyone and never had. I can take criticism and dish it out as well... and its nothing personal.

If I am away for a day or more I go through all the pages and read what I missed. I guess thats what people have an issue with? Scanning lotsa posts for relevant ones? And having non-topic posts in E34 related threads?

Here's a simple solution..... like the Monthly Joke Thread... we could just have a daily OT thread in the main board and yet still have the OT board for whatever you want too.

I hate to think about long time members leaving or resigning, everyone whos been here for years brings something to the table, and as a whole we have an unmeasurable strength that no other BMW board can top.

Lets please discuss and resolve any community issues and be understanding and respectful of each other.

632 Regal
03-02-2006, 12:47 PM
I believe this place has NEVER been this settled.

DaCan23
03-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I just heard a pin drop

billb
03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I believe this place has NEVER been this settled.
No one's quite sure how to proceed, after all the post-shuffling, Jeff.

DaCan23
03-02-2006, 01:43 PM
Well I am continuing bizness as uzual.... Then again I never jumped into the issues w/ both feet....

Ed's pressed the reset button, so lets start over... like we just joined...

Hi, my name is Brian, I've been a Bimmernut for 11 years, I live in MA, my kids are Kateland - 95 530iA and Lucy - 86 635CSi 5 Speed, and I love them very much...

angrypancake
03-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi, my name is Nat and I'm an alcoholic, I have a disease and they don't know what to call it... (no it's not AIDS or SARS). I'm going to be 20 on April first, I live in NY, and drive a 1989 535i that is under construction.