PDA

View Full Version : dumb qst...how do you reset the trip odometer.....

ryan roopnarine
03-17-2004, 07:52 PM
the only way it seems to go away is when the battery is disconnected, and that isn't at all practical....and yes, i did RTFM, pushing the button in does nothing.

Phil M
03-17-2004, 08:01 PM
at least thats how it is on mine. Try turning your car off and then pushing the button and see if the odometer pops up with the mileage. If it doesnt do this then somethings wrong with the button Id say.

the only way it seems to go away is when the battery is disconnected, and that isn't at all practical....and yes, i did RTFM, pushing the button in does nothing.

ryan roopnarine
03-17-2004, 08:47 PM
work...tried, no repsonse. i guess ill have to get out the contact cleaner and take it out if i want it to work.

632 Regal
03-17-2004, 08:56 PM
all the way but not too far.

:D :D :D :D

ryan roopnarine
03-17-2004, 09:00 PM
a matter of me not pushing hard enough....as the check control one works with the ignition off with the same amount of force as i am using to push the reset button.

Bill R.
03-18-2004, 11:10 AM
customers cars when it became time to change the capacitors.. first It seemed like i had to push harder and harder then it started resetting when i first turned the car on, then the gauges would randomly act up...As soon as I changed the caps it worked fine... And I tried cleaning the contact on the trip odometer first , no difference.

a matter of me not pushing hard enough....as the check control one works with the ignition off with the same amount of force as i am using to push the reset button.

DueyT
03-18-2004, 12:52 PM
Well, I was about to make a smarty-pants comment (like Jeff :p) but then realized that I have never reset the trip meter in 9 months of ownership...I just reset the DIST on the OBC to 0 and watch the number go negative. I guess you sometimes can't see the forest for the trees! :D

Cheers
Duey

ryan roopnarine
03-18-2004, 12:55 PM
that sucks...as confident as i am in my ability to solder/unsolder, i have taken stuff apart that i needed to resolder more than once to get things back in order, and i don't really feel like screwing up the only cluster in my primary mode of transport.....im mostly interested in the odo now because with mark's chip im getting around 27.5 at 75mph, and it would be nice to back it up with a reset counter instead of trying to remember what mileage i left a location at. if im calculating right, i can bag 33 mpg at 55mph now.

Phil M
03-18-2004, 01:09 PM
I get 15 mpg. I hate you. :)

that sucks...as confident as i am in my ability to solder/unsolder, i have taken stuff apart that i needed to resolder more than once to get things back in order, and i don't really feel like screwing up the only cluster in my primary mode of transport.....im mostly interested in the odo now because with mark's chip im getting around 27.5 at 75mph, and it would be nice to back it up with a reset counter instead of trying to remember what mileage i left a location at. if im calculating right, i can bag 33 mpg at 55mph now.

Bill R.
03-18-2004, 01:20 PM
I get 15 mpg. I hate you. :)

scott540
03-18-2004, 01:55 PM
Phil, you meant city right? I get about that around town but in the mid 20's at 80 on th hwy.

Phil M
03-18-2004, 03:19 PM
Yeah, city. And thats being generous. 18mpg on the hwy. The O2 sensors are being replaced this week.

Phil, you meant city right? I get about that around town but in the mid 20's at 80 on th hwy.