PDA

View Full Version : AC belt tensioner needs replacement

Phil M
03-17-2004, 06:31 PM
for a couple weeks i heard a weird squeeling noise off and on when my AC was running. then i heard a tapping noise and the AC belt had come off the tracks and saw that it was being tapped by the rotating fan.. then figured out it was a bad tensioner. Mechanic said that if I could get the part and the belt that he would install it. Or should I just save some money and install it myself? Im ordering a few things from BMA tonight (O2 sensors, valve cover gasket, tensioners). I know that Im gonna have him replace the valve cover gasket so might as well have him install the other **** as well?

Rory
03-17-2004, 09:13 PM
for a couple weeks i heard a weird squeeling noise off and on when my AC was running. then i heard a tapping noise and the AC belt had come off the tracks and saw that it was being tapped by the rotating fan.. then figured out it was a bad tensioner. Mechanic said that if I could get the part and the belt that he would install it. Or should I just save some money and install it myself? Im ordering a few things from BMA tonight (O2 sensors, valve cover gasket, tensioners). I know that Im gonna have him replace the valve cover gasket so might as well have him install the other **** as well?
Easy to do yourself....check the archives for more info.

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=1139

Best,
Rory