PDA

View Full Version : Oriental rug? (Pimp my ride: Worcester E34 BMW edition)

ArtemLepilov
03-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I am going to bea tearin up my car this weekend with angrypancake and we want to do something about the interior. The interesting thing we came upon was to replace the interior carpeting...

I suggested using an oriental rug with tigers, he suggested using one with dragons.

Any suggestions?

Everyone let us all know how to customize these cars :)

-Artem

angrypancake
03-01-2006, 01:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA i can't believe you posted this...

Here's how it came about:

Artem Lepilov: i was thinking about getting new carpets
ANgrYPAnCakE: get new floor mats
Artem Lepilov: yea
Artem Lepilov: i need to do something
Artem Lepilov: could get an oriental rug in there
Artem Lepilov: one with tigers... that would be cool
ANgrYPAnCakE: you should post that on .info with a poll
ANgrYPAnCakE: "should i replace my carpet with an oriental rug, with tigers or dragons?"
ANgrYPAnCakE: pfffffffffffff
Artem Lepilov: haha
Artem Lepilov: maybe a custom oriental rug with a roundel
ANgrYPAnCakE: and i thought i was strange
ANgrYPAnCakE: thats so much $
ANgrYPAnCakE: it wuold be easier to get the dealer carpet
Artem Lepilov: haha
Artem Lepilov: i know
Artem Lepilov: unless... i could make my own carpet, like penelope
ANgrYPAnCakE: **** it dude
ANgrYPAnCakE: put a 4" shag rug in there... match the headliner too
ANgrYPAnCakE: in neon green

Alexlind123
03-01-2006, 02:01 PM
To match the avacado shag on the floor and the headliner, you should install a built-in bong in the dash and put custom lava lamps on the console!

mikell
03-01-2006, 02:03 PM
Possum fur.

ArtemLepilov
03-01-2006, 02:09 PM
Possum fur.

Sounds like a trip to Australia... :D

angrypancake
03-01-2006, 02:14 PM
dude you got them in your back yard i bet, theres always tons of them dead on the side of the road... when i lived in Ashfield, Massachusetts, there were a couple that lived in our barn but I think my dad shot em

dacoyote
03-01-2006, 02:19 PM
I want to vote again....

dragons are cool.. but chickens would be better

angrypancake
03-01-2006, 02:29 PM
ya chokeychicken hoorah

DaCan23
03-01-2006, 02:30 PM
You live in Worcester MA?

I live in Attleboro & work in Boston.

Dash01
03-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Dragons and chickens are really tacky, and passe. They have no place in a BMW.

You really should reconsider.

Get some Elvis art instead, or a nice bullfight scene on crushed black velvet. Much classier!

mikell
03-01-2006, 02:35 PM
Uh-Oh: now Jeff's gonna post that chicken head pic again - brace yourselves!

ArtemLepilov
03-01-2006, 02:37 PM

Yea, I go to school there (WPI) you should come by when we tear them apart - the project will be insane! :)

-Artem

dacoyote
03-01-2006, 02:38 PM

I can only assume you aren't talking to me... threading makes it looks that way....

dacoyote
03-01-2006, 02:38 PM
Uh-Oh: now Jeff's gonna post that chicken head pic again - brace yourselves!

whats wrong with the chichen head picture...

angrypancake
03-01-2006, 02:39 PM
theres nothing wrong with chicken heads

mikell
03-01-2006, 02:40 PM
Children may be watching. . .

dacoyote
03-01-2006, 02:44 PM
Children may be watching. . .

do you know.. it wasn't that long ago and children understood where thier food came from...

ArtemLepilov
03-01-2006, 02:46 PM
My tigers are loosssing :(

dacoyote
03-01-2006, 02:46 PM
theres nothing wrong with chicken heads

the only time there is things "wrong" with heads is when it the little one guys have between two nuts is doing most of the thinking.....

angrypancake
03-01-2006, 02:56 PM
is the ad in the upper right corner driven by keywords? cause right now on my screen its www.rugscout.com and a picture of a bunch of oriental rugs...

dacoyote
03-01-2006, 03:06 PM
is the ad in the upper right corner driven by keywords? cause right now on my screen its www.rugscout.com and a picture of a bunch of oriental rugs...

Yes.. they are...

DaCan23
03-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Nize.. I'm pretty booked w/ house renovations, GF just moved in, Physical Therapy, and 2 Vac Trips at the end of the month.... so if you do this in April sure....

Whos the person who use to organize meets in CT, not sure if he's still on this board.

Someone should organize a local meet either way....

Yea, I go to school there (WPI) you should come by when we tear them apart - the project will be insane! :)

-Artem

ArtemLepilov
03-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Nize.. I'm pretty booked w/ house renovations, GF just moved in, Physical Therapy, and 2 Vac Trips at the end of the month.... so if you do this in April sure....

Whos the person who use to organize meets in CT, not sure if he's still on this board.

Someone should organize a local meet either way....

The person you are thinking of is JonK - hes still very much on a board.. with one of the best E34 around, definitely a unique one.

We will probably end up doing something in april either way :p those cars will be continuously upgraded. :D

Maybe a local summer meet?

-Artem

DaCan23
03-01-2006, 03:30 PM
I'd be up for a meet, everytime they have the one in CT I always cant make it.

Perhaps the BMWCCA Boston Concours... I cant remember if thats in the summer or fall.... might be fall around the same time as Bav Auto show & shine.

The person you are thinking of is JonK - hes still very much on a board.. with one of the best E34 around, definitely a unique one.

We will probably end up doing something in april either way :p those cars will be continuously upgraded. :D

Maybe a local summer meet?

-Artem

ArtemLepilov
03-01-2006, 03:39 PM
I'd be up for a meet, everytime they have the one in CT I always cant make it.

Perhaps the BMWCCA Boston Concours... I cant remember if thats in the summer or fall.... might be fall around the same time as Bav Auto show & shine.

Yea, that would work - I am a member of the Boston CCA too :)
I was actually going to come to the CT meet. I may be able to do it if i work for sikorsky this summer.

But there should definitely be a local boston meet.

-Artem

HDhandyman
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
Perhaps something a little more tasteful, like Jute (black or natural)?

Incantation
03-01-2006, 03:44 PM
spread some glue on the floor and sprinkle rice over it

ArtemLepilov
03-01-2006, 03:55 PM
spread some glue on the floor and sprinkle rice over it

yo - that was like our alternate possibility... Right after the CAI made of cardboard and the 2 ft diameter exhaust.... that shiiii's gonna bee flllly an taight...

calmloki
03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I want to vote again....

dragons are cool.. but chickens would be better

Good. Ok, lets put in a real handmade hand knotted all wool oriental - if you want chickens then you are looking for a Khamseh Federation Qashqa'i - central Persian. But Artem Lepilov - that sounds more like a rug from the Caucasus would be more appropriate - perhaps a tightly knotted Dhagestan.

Tom(likes real orientals - a lot)

DaCan23
03-01-2006, 04:38 PM
I have a friend that works for Sikorsky..

My bro is a EE manager in Danbury CT, he works for what is now BF Goodrich DefCon division... which was Raytheon... which was Hughes... which was GM owned Hughes... etc.... They made most of the hubble there...

They hire a lot of college peeps for da summer... let me know if I should fwd him a resume...

Yea, that would work - I am a member of the Boston CCA too :)
I was actually going to come to the CT meet. I may be able to do it if i work for sikorsky this summer.

But there should definitely be a local boston meet.

-Artem

angrypancake
03-01-2006, 05:24 PM
danbury is 30 minutes from me. i'd be up for a job.

dacoyote
03-01-2006, 05:25 PM

I am always looking for a job...

calmloki
03-01-2006, 05:38 PM
Just 'cause I'm into them.... This April 21-23 the American Conference on Oriental Rugs will be in Boston - Dealer's show at the Castle, collector's exhibits across the street. We have been talking about going there to volunteer for a week, but not sure that's going to work out this time. If you have any interest in orientals you should check it out - the difference between a real Oriental and a Sears machine-made is profound - labor is measured not in hours but in weeks and months, dyes are derived from plants and insects, and it really tweaks your thoughts on civilization to see some of the finest and most sophisticated carpets made by nomads on "primitive" looms.
Tom

ArtemLepilov
03-01-2006, 06:03 PM
I have a friend that works for Sikorsky..

My bro is a EE manager in Danbury CT, he works for what is now BF Goodrich DefCon division... which was Raytheon... which was Hughes... which was GM owned Hughes... etc.... They made most of the hubble there...

They hire a lot of college peeps for da summer... let me know if I should fwd him a resume...

Heh. That would be pretty cool. I am looking for an internship though.

-Artem

DaCan23
03-02-2006, 10:54 AM
Are you an EE?

DaCan23
03-02-2006, 10:56 AM
I figured thats what you were looking for.... they hire interns & coops for short term.... my bro went to NU and did all his coops there. Friend from Sikorsky did all his coops at Sikorsky and now works there... I think he still works there.

Heh. That would be pretty cool. I am looking for an internship though.

-Artem

DaCan23
03-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Dont you live in OH? Thinking bout relocating?

I am always looking for a job...

dacoyote
03-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Dont you live in OH? Thinking bout relocating?

Yeah... would relocate for the right job... I moved to Ohio for a job

E34-520iSE
03-02-2006, 11:18 AM
_What/who's is this?