PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet Badge!

steveT
03-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Hi all, was wondering about fitting a new bonnet badge on my e34m5,is there
something else other than a big daub of hot glue to hold it on,thats what was on there. Must be a propper washer or something. If somebody has done
one of these could they pass on a few tips. cheers Steve:)

Blitzkrieg Bob
03-01-2006, 12:40 AM
A couple of plastic grommets.

The new roundel will have two pins that fit into grommets that fill the holes in the bonnet.

Clean of the old hot glue and order the right parts...less than $12.00 USD

Randell
03-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi all, was wondering about fitting a new bonnet badge on my e34m5,is there
something else other than a big daub of hot glue to hold it on,thats what was on there. Must be a propper washer or something. If somebody has done
one of these could they pass on a few tips. cheers Steve:)

they're held on with 2 pins that go into two rubber gromits in the hood. no glue needed, though the one on my boot/trunk was also held on with some black silicon and was a REAL pain in the ass to get off without chipping the paint!

angrypancake
03-01-2006, 12:42 AM
steve lets see some pics of the M!!

steveT
03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
A couple of plastic grommets.

The new roundel will have two pins that fit into grommets that fill the holes in the bonnet.

Clean of the old hot glue and order the right parts...less than $12.00 USD
Thanks a lot for quick reply and yes will see dealer for all new bits. what was there has been butchered,black goo clear goo and thought the badge will cover it up,cheers Steve:D

steveT
03-01-2006, 05:26 PM
they're held on with 2 pins that go into two rubber gromits in the hood. no glue needed, though the one on my boot/trunk was also held on with some black silicon and was a REAL pain in the ass to get off without chipping the paint!
Hi Randell , and yes I have same prob blck goo clear goo, no need for such a bodge ay, will see dealer for right bits cheers Steve.

Jay 535i
03-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Here's an installation tip:

Most instructions say to insert the grommets into the holes in the hood/trunk, then push the emblem in. I had a hard time doing that, so I tried first putting the grommets on the emblem, and then pushing the emblem into the holes. I used a little spittle for lubrication and it went it really easy.

steveT
03-01-2006, 05:35 PM
steve lets see some pics of the M!!
Gidday angrypancake,dont have digi cam at moment but M5 is all stock in ice white, only had it six months.cheers Steve.