PDA

View Full Version : OT: I go to meet some clients and....(moderation?)

hakwuzhere
02-28-2006, 09:14 PM
The only thread of the day I was following was cut and pasted back together and then locked...

Moderation works if you tell people why your moderating so they can avoid whatever behavior your discouraging in the future.

This board seems to thrive on the type of posts that were in that thread... did I miss some juicy personal attacks? mother insulting? poo flinging? NWS photos...

dacoyote
02-28-2006, 09:17 PM
The only thread of the day I was following was cut and pasted back together and then locked...

Moderation works if you tell people why your moderating so they can avoid whatever behavior your discouraging in the future.

This board seems to thrive on the type of posts that were in that thread... did I miss some juicy personal attacks? mother insulting? poo flinging? NWS photos...

What thread?

hakwuzhere
02-28-2006, 09:25 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19284

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-28-2006, 09:30 PM
Damn....That too bad.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Oh Oh I feel a bout of Tourettes coming on

dacoyote
02-28-2006, 09:32 PM
Damn....That too bad.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?

Oh Oh I feel a bout of Tourettes coming on

There isn't anything all that great....

Gayle
02-28-2006, 09:42 PM

I would suggest that you start a new thread summarizing the issues that interested you about that thread and get a discussion going about them again. In a new thread, perhaps it can stay focused on cars.

While I am as nosey and curious as the next person about what was said in the deleted posts, I am just going to assume it was some of the nastiness that has been all too rampant lately and let it go at that.

After all the whining I have done about how we need some moderation, I am not going to second guess bimmerd00d. He has always been reasonable in what he has deleted in the past and I think the 2/3 of us who voted to have someone intervene in thread wars have to back him.

Let's get back to civility and car talk and joking so that d00d doesn't have to work so hard.

hakwuzhere
02-28-2006, 09:49 PM
I was involved in the thread after some of the deleted posts... and I really have no idea why they were deleted (maybe I just didnt take something that was said personally).

Like I said in my first post... Moderation doesnt work if you just delete things... you need to tell people "why" so they can avoid that behavior in the future... and if they dont, suspensions... and if they still dont... ban em...

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Just the same way the board chalks up posts to trigger the "big time poster" major contributor" "grand master"

Someone set up a system for offenders.

"big time *******" "major dick head" "grand douche bag"

This way they will avoid getting into it on the board.

angrypancake
02-28-2006, 10:00 PM
^ though i think its a good idea that might not work, ppl might just keep posting to see the worst kind of label they could get before they were banned....

i agree with hak. i'd skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything offensive. perhaps i didn't read it close enough. if dOOd stepped in and closed it he obviously felt it was justified. he will probly reply to this thread, if he feels it is necessary

winfred
02-28-2006, 10:01 PM
ooo ooooo i like grand douche bag :D

Just the same way the board chalks up posts to trigger the "big time poster" major contributor" "grand master"

Someone set up a system for offenders.

"big time *******" "major dick head" "grand douche bag"

This way they will avoid getting into it on the board.

632 Regal
03-01-2006, 07:47 AM
I had it opened as it was deleted and then moved it to suspension to clean it up...I rather saved it. There is good info in there and was worthy but Gayle did something of a revival so I just let it go wayside since I guess saving it was of no virtue.

clhorton
03-01-2006, 07:57 AM
When do I get my big time poster haha

I had it opened as it was deleted and then moved it to suspension to clean it up...I rather saved it. There is good info in there and was worthy but Gayle did something of a revival so I just let it go wayside since I guess saving it was of no virtue.

Gayle
03-01-2006, 09:40 AM
When do I get my big time poster haha

at 100. Go post to the "do over strut brace" thread. That will get you one closer.:D

Erwin8r
03-01-2006, 10:41 AM
^ though i think its a good idea that might not work, ppl might just keep posting to see the worst kind of label they could get before they were banned....

i agree with hak. i'd skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything offensive. perhaps i didn't read it close enough. if dOOd stepped in and closed it he obviously felt it was justified. he will probly reply to this thread, if he feels it is necessary
Yup. It was simply a spirited debate with strong opinions on either side--no insults (to speak of, anyway... just kidding!!) implied... In any event, I apologize if I offended anyone...