PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered an EAT chip...

DarrPara
03-17-2004, 02:57 PM
I expect nothing but great things :D

I was curious though.. does anyone have some specs showing the changes in 0-60 etc? My sister also has a '91 535i similar to mine and she wants more proof before she gets a chip. (Other than the chart listed on the e34.net page)

Rory
03-17-2004, 03:27 PM
I expect nothing but great things :D

I was curious though.. does anyone have some specs showing the changes in 0-60 etc? My sister also has a '91 535i similar to mine and she wants more proof before she gets a chip. (Other than the chart listed on the e34.net page)
You may be able to get a dyno sheet from Mark but I am not sure. Jim C. has dyno charts for all of his chips but they are hard to come by. Do not expect incredible power gains from the chip. It is well worth the price of admission though. It smooths out the power curve and gives modest gains throughout the curve. I have noticed that the low end grunt of my M50 is much improved with a chip. It has a lot more pep in the low RPM's (which is what I wanted) since 90% of my driving is done below 3500 RPM's. And yes, the increased rev limiter does work, it was the first thing I checked once I got the oil temp up :) It is by far the best bang for the buck power upgrade you can do. Besides, Mark has a return policy if you are not happy so you have nothing to lose. You will not be disappointed.

Best,
Rory

MarkD
03-17-2004, 03:48 PM
You may be able to get a dyno sheet from Mark but I am not sure. Jim C. has dyno charts for all of his chips but they are hard to come by. Do not expect incredible power gains from the chip. It is well worth the price of admission though. It smooths out the power curve and gives modest gains throughout the curve. I have noticed that the low end grunt of my M50 is much improved with a chip. It has a lot more pep in the low RPM's (which is what I wanted) since 90% of my driving is done below 3500 RPM's. And yes, the increased rev limiter does work, it was the first thing I checked once I got the oil temp up :) It is by far the best bang for the buck power upgrade you can do. Besides, Mark has a return policy if you are not happy so you have nothing to lose. You will not be disappointed.

Best,
Rory

Hi Rory, I will have some dyno charts once I finally get the dyno hardware working. After we set up the data aquisition system it was not able to sense the roller speed. I had asked the supplier to send some new hardware back in November but they are asking us to send the old hardware back to Germany first. I've finally talked them into sending something here first.
By the summer, I'll have dyno charts for some cars. (probably 535's and M5's first, and anything Bruno wants to test)

Mark

P.S. Even though I have an unwritten return policy, (just to minimise returns) I will refund a purchase if someone does not think the chip is living up to their expectations. I've had to refund less than 3 chips, I think it's actually only been one chip.

MikeV
03-17-2004, 04:48 PM
I did some A/B comparison runs a month or so after initially installing the chip, using a gForce to measure. All runs were done within the same hour, same road, etc... 5 zero-60 runs with the stock chip, then 5 with the EAT chip. Throwing out the best and worst runs for each, I improved 0.7 seconds on average with the chip. YMMV, of course.

DarrPara
03-17-2004, 05:36 PM
I did some A/B comparison runs a month or so after initially installing the chip, using a gForce to measure. All runs were done within the same hour, same road, etc... 5 zero-60 runs with the stock chip, then 5 with the EAT chip. Throwing out the best and worst runs for each, I improved 0.7 seconds on average with the chip. YMMV, of course.

Thanks. That was just what I needed. :)

KenB
03-17-2004, 05:48 PM
Buy the chip, you'll love it. The low end gain is worth it alone. I haven't tried the rev limit yet, roads have been wet the weather's been lousy...and I'm a chicken...LOL.

What is the raised rev limit, 7,000???