PDA

View Full Version : Snow Chains or Snow Tires

JMI
02-28-2006, 12:54 PM
Please don't throw rocks but does anyone use chains? Don't mean real chains but the type popular around Seattle are these plastic type that I have used on other cars without too much trouble. An investment in snow tires is quite a lot of money and only need them a few days a year if at all (unless your a skier).

TIA

dacoyote
02-28-2006, 01:00 PM
Please don't throw rocks but does anyone use chains? Don't mean real chains but the type popular around Seattle are these plastic type that I have used on other cars without too much trouble. An investment in snow tires is quite a lot of money and only need them a few days a year if at all (unless your a skier).

TIA

Plastic snow chains??? Got a link?

1995 525i
02-28-2006, 01:18 PM

TIA
I ordered a set of snow chains for my car (as I head to the mountains every now and then). They were metal and I believe they cost me about 60 bucks with shipping.

Michael

JMI
02-28-2006, 07:16 PM
Plastic snow chains??? Got a link?

These aren't what I was thinking of, but you'll get the idea:

http://www.flextrax.com/index.html

pyro
03-01-2006, 01:19 AM
what would be the best tire chain or ruber thingy for the e34 (w/17inch rims)

This weekend i went up to the snow w/ my beemz and it did way better than i thought. I dind't have chains but i had snow tires. If your carefull it won't slip at all but giveing if you give it to much gas the rear end WILL whip around. Playing around by my cabin i did a 360 on this y intersection and kept on going :D probly not something im going to try again.

Alexlind123
03-01-2006, 01:26 AM
You have a cabin???!??!?!??!

1995 525i
03-01-2006, 08:42 AM
You have a cabin???!??!?!??!

We rent one in Jefferson, NC. Hot tub on the deck woods all around..Oh yeah..:D

Tiger
03-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Buy Nokian WR... All Weather tire that also has M&S rating... which are reserved for snow and mud tires only.

pyro
03-01-2006, 10:04 AM
my dad got those for his volvo and all i have to say is...... amazing there was a hard pack of ice on the road and 1 foot of fresh snow ontop and it just drove over it like a champ not a single slip...

and I don't have a cabin but my parents do...