PDA

View Full Version : Shameless plug to my parts needed thread in the swap meet.

DanDombrowski
02-28-2006, 11:07 AM
Hey guys,

Shameless plug, but since the classified ads section doesn't get much traffic, I thought I would post a link to my "parts needed" thread in the swap meet. Just a few random things, probably only people parting out cars will have them. Mostly cosmetic. Thanks for looking!

http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19287

ryan roopnarine
02-28-2006, 01:22 PM
dan, there's a yard in orlando that seems to have the best selection of e34 parts (ie, one e34 and e32 :D ). i was there a month ago, and recall seeing that glovebox piece you mentioned, as well as the fact that the bumper had not been taken by anyone yet. the color of the car is that light blue/seafoam color by bmw, its a 93 525i. the rest of the thing is STRIPPED, ie no windshield, trunk, shock absorbers, door panels, visors....

they give really good prices if you take the stuff off yourself. if it was a black bumper, i'd have already taken it to swap with mine, as mine has a noticeable (but minor) scratch along one side. but im thinking that they'd give you a good enough price that picking it up here and respraying it wouldn't be too much. ill find my card from them, after i find the card for my friendly neighborhood arms dealer, and give both a call.

ryan roopnarine
02-28-2006, 01:57 PM
bastards. i just called them. they checked their computer and told me that they don't have a bumper for a 525i. only problem is that, yeah, they don't have a front bumper, because that's where it was hit. they did this too when i was looking for an e32 steering box. im sure they still have it. if i roll to ho-town this weekend ill drive out to past BFE and take a look.

DanDombrowski
02-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Ryan,

Thanks, I appreciate the effort. I know Orlando is relatively close, but its still a good 3 hours away for me, so I don't know if I'd be able to come up and pick the thing up. How much do you think it would be to ship it?

You really don't have to go out looking for parts just for me, but if you're going out there anyway, see if you can snag the outside temp sensor wiring (and connector) if its there. Drop that and the glovebox trim in the mail and the cash is yours.