PDA

View Full Version : Parts source?

Bravo10000
02-27-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm stationed in Germany, and have a Euro spec 92 325i. I'm looking for a good online source for parts for my BMW.

Can anyone recommend a good site for parts? I've "googled it", of course, but seem to be hitting the same database from many sites. Specifically, I am looking for the TCM for the auto trans, and the "mode switch" for the transmission as well. An English owner's manual wouldn't break my heart either.

One more question - I have the well-documented brake light switch issue - saw 2 recalls in 1996 for this part. How can I tell if I need the 2-pole or 4-pole stoplight switch without taking the bad switch out of the car?

mrbmw1
02-28-2006, 09:14 AM
where in Germany are you stationed? I bought my 1st of 24bimmers there when I was station in Frankfaurt. Your in the right country for items that never enen made it to the states check local listings & shops for directions to parts & tuners

Bravo10000
02-28-2006, 12:22 PM
where in Germany are you stationed? I bought my 1st of 24bimmers there when I was station in Frankfaurt. Your in the right country for items that never enen made it to the states check local listings & shops for directions to parts & tuners

Ramstein (Kaiserslautern - about an hour south from Frankfurt.

The issue I run into is the fact that I am an American, and curiously, everything gets a lot more expensive the moment I walk in the door. That's why I was lookign for an online source...problem is, most of the parts databases have parts for American spec'd BMWs (naturally). A good example is the transmission mode switch. Mine goes from E (Economy) to S (Sport) to traction control (I think...it's a snowflake image on the switch). Most o the ones I have found online are two-position switches....E and H, I guess.

I can get the parts here, I just take exception to spending 150 Euro (about 190 bucks) for a 10-20 dollar switch.

Bravo10000
02-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Ramstein (Kaiserslautern - about an hour south from Frankfurt.

The issue I run into is the fact that I am an American, and curiously, everything gets a lot more expensive the moment I walk in the door. That's why I was lookign for an online source...problem is, most of the parts databases have parts for American spec'd BMWs (naturally). A good example is the transmission mode switch. Mine goes from E (Economy) to S (Sport) to traction control (I think...it's a snowflake image on the switch). Most o the ones I have found online are two-position switches....E and H, I guess.

I can get the parts here, I just take exception to spending 150 Euro (about 190 bucks) for a 10-20 dollar switch.

Just a note - found a great source for parts by advice from another forum...http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ - they had all the parts sorted by US/Euro spec, right down to the VIN number. A great source for research, but I don't know that I can actually buy parts there...not yet anyway.