PDA

View Full Version : Coolant temp needle rising while stopped at red lights....

RickyBobby
02-27-2006, 06:40 PM
I have no clue what is going on here! Last weekend I replaced my water pump, t-stat, fan clutch, and coolant. I also upgraded with this little zinger

Radiator upgrade (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=35)

Now when I stop at a light and sit for a minute or two, the temp needle rises dramatically!

Any ideas?

Ricky Bobby

632 Regal
02-27-2006, 06:44 PM
aw man...I dont think you did a good thing there, it says it blocks heat so I guess its working like its supposed to, says you get more mileage too. Have yo checked out their spark plugs?
http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=5

Bill R.
02-27-2006, 06:50 PM
I have no clue what is going on here! Last weekend I replaced my water pump, t-stat, fan clutch, and coolant. I also upgraded with this little zinger

Radiator upgrade (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=35)

Now when I stop at a light and sit for a minute or two, the temp needle rises dramatically!

Any ideas?

Ricky Bobby

SRR2
02-27-2006, 06:56 PM
They must have cooked that one up on April 1st. Pretty funny.

RickyBobby
02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Bill, since you are a 3 grand master now (congrats by the way on your promotion), I take your suggestion to heart. Who makes water wetter? Does it help the coolant flow faster through the radiator?

Jeff, those spark plugs looked really good. The numbers in their description added up and I thought about them but I only had time to work on the cooling system.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-27-2006, 07:30 PM
"The weakest part of your car is the likely the radiator. It is a simple matter of physics when we tell you this: Energy is lost through heat. Transmissions, as they lose more and more heat, begin to cause more loss of power. However, that's only a small part - The worst part is the radiator! All sorts of heat is lost through the radiator - in essence - losing the horsepower through heat! Not anymore!! KaleCoAuto brings you the Radiator Insulatior - Simply slip over your radiator and enjoy the power! KaleCoAuto radiator insulation is made from only the finest asbestos, and is guaranteed to trap 90% more heat!"

I thought my radiator was suposed to shead heat, awww man I got all wrong.

angrypancake
02-27-2006, 07:44 PM
kind of like when you wear a hat in the winter since 90% of your body heat is lost through your head? riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Dave M
02-27-2006, 08:09 PM
Ricky,

Good find. I wonder if people actually buy this stuff (assuming, of course, you are kidding with us ;) )

"710" cap (http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=19)
Dave M

632 Regal
02-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I bought one..

Dave M
02-27-2006, 09:15 PM
I bought two, cuz the other one say "OIL"

dacoyote
02-27-2006, 09:25 PM
I got 3 710 caps and blankets.... one for each car...

I was so mad last time I got 710 caps.. they all said OIL on them when they showed up...

attilz
02-28-2006, 05:08 AM
Did you bleed the system of air bubbles and join the heater into the whole coolant job?

E34-520iSE
02-28-2006, 06:08 AM
I have a 3ft x 6 ft sheet of white asbestos here. You're welcome to take it away and cut it up to make your own 'radiator blanket', free of charge! Maybe the off-cuts could be used to encase the sump and cylinder head too, that'll keep any engine lovely and warm all night too.

I had a good laugh when I read this:-

"The weakest part of your car is the likely the radiator. It is a simple matter of physics when we tell you this: Energy is lost through heat. Transmissions, as they lose more and more heat, begin to cause more loss of power. However, that's only a small part - The worst part is the radiator! All sorts of heat is lost through the radiator - in essence - losing the horsepower through heat! Not anymore!! KaleCoAuto brings you the Radiator Insulatior - Simply slip over your radiator and enjoy the power! KaleCoAuto radiator insulation is made from only the finest asbestos, and is guaranteed to trap 90% more heat!"

Cheers,

Shaun

Espen
02-28-2006, 07:13 AM
If you want cancer, then working with asbestos is a good way getting it...

E34-520iSE
02-28-2006, 07:20 AM
If you want cancer, then working with asbestos is a good way getting it...

Absolutely! I just wish builders etc knew of the dangers 50 years ago. Instead we have all those white asbestos factory roofs that crack up & become airborne in strong winds. Can't be good can it?

Cheers,

Shaun

granit_silber
02-28-2006, 01:13 PM
I followed Jeff's link to the spark plugs and stumbled upon this review.

My experience with the Spark Plugs is that they save Diesel, My battery seems to be chargin faster probably because the engine uses less spark? I would rate these as 5 star goin use in my souped up rotor tiller to.

Ummm, spark plugs in a diesel? Spark plugs that block 90% of spark yet allow 95% of combustible molecules through???

"710" oil caps.

-ashley

granit_silber
02-28-2006, 01:17 PM
KaleCoAuto continues to be an elite automotive manufacturer of hard to find automotive parts for your special car needs. Once you have found KaleCoAuto you will never go back to another automotive parts retailer again. KaleCoAuto is the world's leading supplier of rare and hard to find automotive repair and upgrade parts. Everything you need for your car, from blinker fluid to drilled brake lines!

Sounds like BMA has some competion ;)

-ashley

[edit: DUH!!! http://www.kalecoauto.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=7 ]

mzarifkar
02-28-2006, 01:37 PM
did you see the O-pipe exhaust? http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3&zenid=e7ef3ce8ec471c0791e0fab23ccc42b0

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Ever wonder where those high performance rally car drivers get their brass balls? For the first time ever, brass balls are being made available to the public! Sold in sets of three, Brass Balls are an easy way to increase your performance driving ability. (For off road race use only. Use on street may result in arrest, serious injury, or death.)

632 Regal
02-28-2006, 03:56 PM
you know its possible that a rabbit or gerbil built a nest in front of the temerature gage and thats why its reading warmer at lights, the actual bulb is overheating and telling the gage that its got aminals behind it. easy to check, pull the center console, spare tire and front dash and you can get right in there with a hose and wash and aminals or debris out.

you might want to remove the fuel pump for obvious safety reasons :)

let me know if this helps.

JonE
02-28-2006, 04:36 PM
I like the synthetic blinker fluid, myself.

dacoyote
02-28-2006, 04:40 PM
I like the synthetic blinker fluid, myself.

Did you see headlight fluid... I think my colt is a little low...

E34-520iSE
02-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Oh it's getting worse........LOL!

mikell
02-28-2006, 05:29 PM
Muffler bearings, gotta change the muffler bearings.

dacoyote
02-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Muffler bearings, gotta change the muffler bearings.

and the muffler fluid... gotta change the muffler fluid if you are going to change the bearings..

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-28-2006, 06:04 PM
This is dedicated to the lady racer on the go! Featuring quick dispensing action, the Tampon Dispenser for Automatic Vehicles is the ideal match for any vehicle with an automatic transmission. The built in canister operates much like the clip of a gun, and has a capacity of 12. Extended clips may be purchased, depending on vehicle. Absolutely not for use with manual transmissions!
Deep Discount for Hyundai Tiburon owners!

angrypancake
02-28-2006, 06:09 PM
^ that takes the cake.

Zeuk in Oz
02-28-2006, 11:22 PM
But is it Taser compatible ?