PDA

View Full Version : Latest update from zmuff

zmuff
02-27-2006, 06:10 PM
Hey folks, I guess it’s time for a little update on how I’m doing. You are my extended family, like it or not. I’ve got round number 4 of my chemo coming up on March 7th and that’s halfway through. I feel pretty crappy the week of the chemo but after that, I’ll wake up one morning feeling great. I had a PET scan a few days ago to check my progress but the results haven’t come back yet. I expect nothing but good news. I’ve got that Michael Chicklis look going now (TV show-The Shield), my wife and kids really like it, I’m still growing into it, he he. I just may continue to shave my head after I’m done with the chemo.

I’ve gone back to work…two weeks on, one week off, my company is just fine with this arrangement. It’s definitely nice to get back to the office. I didn’t really miss the office crap but I did miss the jets. I just got a box of parts from BMA and one from Bavauto so there is plenty to do on my car. I have to get ready for the next drivers school April 15 (fortunately it will be on an excellent day between treatments). The rear dogbone links have gone south and it’s really noticeable.

I’ve been following Gayle’s not a joke poll and have been wondering if my post a while back about moral issues raised a red flag. I certainly hope not, it wasn’t my intention but I guess it really should have been in the OT forum. I have resolved those issues and with everyone’s help, I am doing the right thing.

I don’t post too much these days but I’m still out there reading all of the antics going on and laughing my butt off. Thanks everybody for making me smile. :D :) :D

SharkmanBMW
02-27-2006, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear you are feeling good, keep it up!

HDhandyman
02-27-2006, 06:42 PM
ditto, hope you and your family are doing well!

632 Regal
02-27-2006, 06:51 PM
I think over the past few months a bazillion red flags were raised and it's all a matter of oppinion of what a red flag is...

Glad your doing good and keep up with the good spirites.

You might concider a hat in the summer, watch out for low flying mosquitoes too.

I’ve been following Gayle’s not a joke poll and have been wondering if my post a while back about moral issues raised a red flag. I certainly hope not, it wasn’t my intention but I guess it really should have been in the OT forum.

Zeuk in Oz
02-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Glad everything is going so well ! Great to hear from you - just because you're having some treatment is no reason to stop posting.
Most of us are on some treatment or other and we still manage to embarass ourselves regularly !

Don't worry about red flags - how else do bulls know when to charge ? :D

I have your new look naturally :D and call it the look of the millenium and keep telling my 4 sons to get used to it ! ;)

Gayle
02-27-2006, 08:50 PM
I’ve been following Gayle’s not a joke poll and have been wondering if my post a while back about moral issues raised a red flag. I certainly hope not, it wasn’t my intention but I guess it really should have been in the OT forum. I have resolved those issues and with everyone’s help, I am doing the right thing.

My poll had nothing to do with you. Don't think that for a second.

I so appreciate you treating us like family and keeping us updated. :)

Dave M
02-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Glad to here your optimism. A co-worker has started chemo and I can only hope he fairs as well as you have. Good work :)

Dave M

dacoyote
02-27-2006, 09:22 PM
Glad you got a good outlook...

Evan
02-27-2006, 09:44 PM
good luck with everything... and can you head over to the victory center and say hi to my cousin nick mathews?

Jr ///M5
02-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Mike,

You're right, this is YOUR extended family, and we care about your progress, so keep us posted. You can't keep a good man down, and you're proving it everyday. Sounds like you feel good enough to work and piddle around the E34, and we're glad to hear about it.

We will continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Part of the healing process is laughter, we can help in that area. We're all pulling for you buddy!

Jr
(maybe we could start a bald bimmer club :D )

mattyb
02-27-2006, 10:18 PM
great to hear from you! keep up the good work

Alexlind123
02-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Its great to hear that you're doing ok! I hope you get all well soon and settle back into the normal routine.

Zeuk in Oz
02-27-2006, 11:20 PM
(maybe we could start a bald bimmer club :D )

Follicularly challenged if you don't mind ! :D I'll be in that ! :)

genphreak
02-28-2006, 01:49 AM
I don’t post too much these days but I’m still out there reading all of the antics going on and laughing my butt off. Thanks everybody for making me smile.Did u get subframe inserts and (or need) sway bar links to go with them? I found it easier to do the lot, although any of them make for some pretty nice driving afterwards. You have to find things to get you through the good times and back into the chemo... :p what could be worse than working on the car? ROFL.. Keep up the good work of course I guess you have to fight this one hard- but if you win you get the bonus that you will be (all of a sudden) able to do so much more with the life you reclaim. But that comes later on. It's a little similar here sometimes (work, not health-wise).

I got the OCAP dogbones a few months ago when Kriss and I did mine. They look nice and work fine, but still next time it'll be Lemfoerders since they are 'vital items'. Looking foward to hearing how the bones go. I think they help bring in toe (to spec), or perhaps the camber a bit if the old ones are that far gone. Best of luck in the meanwhile from the Aussie members, :) Nick

Patrick
02-28-2006, 04:17 AM
Damn -I take some time off from the board and come back and read this!? Man, I'm glad to hear you're doing okay and hanging tough -I pmed you.