PDA

View Full Version : BG Fuel Induction Service

athflying79
02-27-2006, 04:36 PM
After reading the many posts on differing injection/combustion chamber cleaning methods, I decided to go for the BG cleaning. I found a place that does it locally and can align my front end after I swapped mosts the links out.

My question is...is $109 a reasonable price and should I make them aware of the fact the 4hp tranny doesn't like to be revved in park or neutral. I'm not sure of the actual procedure for the service, so I don't know if it's a concern or not. I am a service manager at a Powersports dealership and no one can stand the guy that comes in that wants his unit fixed this way because the internet said so. The place does not specialize in BMW's though, so they probably don't know the first thing about them.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Then drive the car around the neighborhood and fog them all out with the plumes of smoke from the cleaning.

Great fun for a drunken weekend

632 Regal
02-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Hahaha...
Then drive the car around the neighborhood and fog them all out with the plumes of smoke from the cleaning.

Great fun for a drunken weekend

You can do it yourself, sounds a lot safer to me.

athflying79
02-27-2006, 05:27 PM
I have no problem doing it myself, but after digging through what seemed like thousands of posts about sea foam, cylinder lubrication, plugged cats, cleen or creem....my head hurt. My car definitely pings now and then...I'm sure it's overdue for some attention, but the last thing I want to do is take some life out of the engine by doing something bad.

It seemed to be the consenus of those that actually work on these for a living that the BG products were the best and they have the proper equipment to get the stuff in equal amounts to each cylinder. I can't find BG products being sold to end consumers...otherwise I would do it in a heartbeat.

Kalevera
02-27-2006, 05:34 PM
The BG system doesn't put any load on the engine aside from idle.

I'm not sure that $109 is reasonable. I think we pay less than $10 for a can of the stuff, and who knows what the apparatus costs.

I've always been told that the M30 is the most responsive BMW engine to the system.

Mine burned much cleaner after running BG through it -- showed in emissions tests.

best, whit

Bill R.
02-27-2006, 06:31 PM
check with a lot of the import dealers such as nissan, honda etc, you'll find that they stock it , it goes for about 20 a can retail, The 44k you can just add to your gastank,
its a slower process but will do just a good a job cleaning the injectors, backside of the intake valves and combustion chamber. Or if you go with bg's fuel injection cleaner for cleaning the injectors on the car then its also about 20 a can retail , most shops pay around 10 a can as Lowell said.

But to do the injectors on the car in this method you have to have the apparatus which is just a big can with a pressure regulator and gauge and fittings to pressurize it with air and a hose that you can connect to the inlet on your fuel rail. You pull the fuel pump relay, disconnect the fuel line going into the rail and close off the return line going back to the tank.
Then you hook up this pressurized tank with approx one 16 ounce can of the bg injector cleaner. You start the car with the can pressurized with air pressure up to your normal fuel pressure. Then you run the engine until the entire can has gone through the injectors and the engine stalls from lack of fuel... usually 15 minutes to half an hour depending on the car. This apparatus usually costs around 350 depending on which brand you buy. you can get aprrox. the same results with the bg44k in the gas tank over a period of a tank of gas, it just takes longer but the end result is close to the same. Call all the car dealers close to you and ask the parts department if they carry bg products.

I have no problem doing it myself, but after digging through what seemed like thousands of posts about sea foam, cylinder lubrication, plugged cats, cleen or creem....my head hurt. My car definitely pings now and then...I'm sure it's overdue for some attention, but the last thing I want to do is take some life out of the engine by doing something bad.

It seemed to be the consenus of those that actually work on these for a living that the BG products were the best and they have the proper equipment to get the stuff in equal amounts to each cylinder. I can't find BG products being sold to end consumers...otherwise I would do it in a heartbeat.

632 Regal
02-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey bill, are you supposed to change the oil after using the bg44k?

(I think I know the answer)

athflying79
02-27-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm about due for an oil change anyway, so either way doesn't matter. I went to BG website and surprisingly almost every car dealer in my area uses there products and only a handful of Indy's...none of them being the Indy I would go to if needed.

632 Regal
02-27-2006, 08:07 PM
online for 15.50 plus shipping...

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/wyattarpdodge/bgautprod.html