PDA

View Full Version : GUYS PLEASE PLEASE HELP - Frustrated, need transmission

talltorontoguy
03-17-2004, 12:33 PM
I really need the support of this board... I'm about to lose my mind!

I'm tight for cash right now, and "in betwen" jobs. I brought my car in to have clutch done and it has turned into a complete disaster. The car was popping out of first gear and was difficult to get into gear... hence the repair.

The job keeps escalating. The clutch was expected, but in addition... had problems with some dohickey in the front of the tranny, then the shifter linkages, then had problem with a cracked shift console. The job has more than doubled in price.

Now they call me and say "hey, your car is popping out of 1st gear!" Well there's a news flash... why do you think I brought the *&$Ping thing in there to begin with????? These guys told me that the clutch and shifter would solve my woes.

I'm into this now for fairly big bucks and I'm pissed.... Mechanic now says will need new tranny.

I'm stuck, I'm broke, and I'm ticked right off.

Can anyone tell me if the E28 535i will fit? What about a (rare) E32 735? How about 525?

Does anyone know where I can get a used 5 speed tranny for my 92 535?

Any advice, information, or better yet... a transmission... would be helpful

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks folks...

BigD
03-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Call these guys and ask how much for a used 5 spd for your car:

416 749 9211 Chucks's Auto
416 741 3121 Shantaram (helps if you speak/understand Patois LOL - sometimes if you call these guys twice in a week you'll get a different price - by like 200 bucks, they just make them up on the spot)

MarkD
03-17-2004, 01:15 PM
I really need the support of this board... I'm about to lose my mind!

I'm tight for cash right now, and "in betwen" jobs. I brought my car in to have clutch done and it has turned into a complete disaster. The car was popping out of first gear and was difficult to get into gear... hence the repair.

The job keeps escalating. The clutch was expected, but in addition... had problems with some dohickey in the front of the tranny, then the shifter linkages, then had problem with a cracked shift console. The job has more than doubled in price.

Now they call me and say "hey, your car is popping out of 1st gear!" Well there's a news flash... why do you think I brought the *&$Ping thing in there to begin with????? These guys told me that the clutch and shifter would solve my woes.

I'm into this now for fairly big bucks and I'm pissed.... Mechanic now says will need new tranny.

I'm stuck, I'm broke, and I'm ticked right off.

Can anyone tell me if the E28 535i will fit? What about a (rare) E32 735? How about 525?

Does anyone know where I can get a used 5 speed tranny for my 92 535?

Any advice, information, or better yet... a transmission... would be helpful

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks folks...

Rod,

do you have my number? Give me a call. The number is on my website on the CONTACTS page.

Mark