PDA

View Full Version : New to the impact wrench world. questions

scott540
03-17-2004, 10:53 AM
Ok, got an impact wrench for Christmas. I might take off the snow tires this weekend depending on the weather. Anything I should be careful about? I don't want to wreck anything. I'm used to doing them by hand so I know how tight I've got them etc.. Also. do you have to use impact sockets or are regular sockets ok. Sorry for sounding dumb, like I said, I don't want to wreck anything.

Tiger
03-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Definitely must use impact sockets... use 6 points sockets... meaning 6 corners instead of more common 12 points. Use by all mean to remove anything... but tightening... don't crank on it... use torque wrench to do the final tightening.

Always thread first couple of threads by hand before using impact to tightening... otherwise... stripped.

Always put a couple drops of air tool oil before use that day... for us non-pro... Pro would have to oil a couple of times a day.

Last of all... always drain the compressor tank a little on the bottom of the tank to expell water... or you will have rust inside the tank.

scott540
03-17-2004, 11:57 AM
cool, I can't wait to get the snow tires off. I'm sure we'll have a blizzard once they come off though