PDA

View Full Version : rough running

jippijak
02-26-2006, 02:30 PM
1991 525i with 45k orig miles started running rough so i decided to change the plugs. the plugs i pulled out were worn and were not original plugs they were generic champion plugs. so i got new plugs, bosch and the car runs even worse then before. when i acellerate from a stop the car feels like it misfires amd there is a sort of a popping noise frome the engine. i assuming its a premature detenation. when the engine gets up to 3k rpm the sound dissappears but the tranny feels like it doesnt want to up shift. anf the cars at about 55-60 mph. when i changed the plugs i also changed the plug boot because the resistor values on them had a real broad range from 10k to 13k. the coils are the original ones that came with the car and i was told that the original coils were made by bremi so i got 6 bremi boots that had a resistor value of 1.8k. i suspect that one of my coils are bad, what are the signs of a faulty coil? is there a way to test the coils? or is it something else?
thanks in advance
Jippi
btw: the bosch plugs i used were the f7ldcr plugs that the bmwe34.net site said was the original ones.

632 Regal
02-26-2006, 04:46 PM
exactly what plugs did you get?