PDA

View Full Version : ATF Fluid.. Help me out here guys..

LiqJesus
02-26-2006, 08:13 AM
:D Ok Im not slow and did search the foum before posting..

I have a BMW 525ia with over 138000 on it. Recently I have been feeling some gitter from within the transmission like its rapidly skipping but only when cold and only after I have been coasting or slowing then get back on the gas. So I picked up a transmission filter and some ATF (Redline D4) based on the shop guys recommendations. Everywhere I look I find people recommending the REDLINE fluid but I don't see anyone saying to used D4!

Is REDLINE D4 a good replacement for the ATF.. Anyhelp would be great as I am to head to the shop today..

Thanks guys..

Dan :)

Bill R.
02-26-2006, 10:39 AM
again any dexron III mercon fluid is already semisynthetic so there's very little to gain by paying the extra for D4$ but if you already have it then feel free to use it. I personally prefer to use a dexron III in my own car such as Castrol dexron III which is cheap but then again i change it every time i change my engine oil so cheap works for me in this case.http://www.bimmernut.com/%7Ebillr/images/transfluid1.jpg

:D Ok Im not slow and did search the foum before posting..

I have a BMW 525ia with over 138000 on it. Recently I have been feeling some gitter from within the transmission like its rapidly skipping but only when cold and only after I have been coasting or slowing then get back on the gas. So I picked up a transmission filter and some ATF (Redline D4) based on the shop guys recommendations. Everywhere I look I find people recommending the REDLINE fluid but I don't see anyone saying to used D4!

Is REDLINE D4 a good replacement for the ATF.. Anyhelp would be great as I am to head to the shop today..

Thanks guys..

Dan :)