PDA

View Full Version : Honking Alarm!

Wallabee
02-26-2006, 06:15 AM
After some searches of the forums, I have found no info about a problem I have, so here goes with my first new thread.

For some time the alarm in my Aussie 1990 535is E34 has intermittently emitted a single 'beep' or 'honk' while driving, with the red light in the vent grille on the dash flashing at the same time. It also has needed two turns of the key in the door to work the locks, with the door locks popping up after the first attempt. Searches of the forum turned up info about the door lock issue being caused by faults in the wiring harness in the boot/trunk and sure enough, a check found a broken wire and lots of cracked insulation. The crook wires were repaired and the door locks now work fine.

I assumed that the honking alarm and the door lock problem were associated, but after fixing the pop up locks, the alarm still likes to say hello every now and then while driving the car!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards, Wally, Melbourne Australia
1990 535is E34 5 speed

rob101
02-26-2006, 07:21 AM
It's possible personally i don't have an alarm, but I believe if the car is double locked you can't start the ignition, so its definitely connected to security related parts of the car.