PDA

View Full Version : Stereo Prob/.. CD skippin when turn right and gas car hard.

McWatters
02-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Just lately this problem has been gettin worse, Everytime i turn hard to the right, the CD pauses then continues when the car straighten outs, this also happens when i accelerate at a fast rate. However i dont have this prob when using the radio.. any thoughts??? I have a sony explode deck ( i know ****)

cheers

J.MCWatters

gt90
02-25-2006, 09:13 PM
Are you using a cdx-fw700 by any chance?
My cousin had the same problem with his, and my brother as well. Both would cut out only when cornering right.
My guess is that they don't use the best materials in their motor assy. and the cd moves just slightly when cornering hard so the player can't read it.
Does it do it when cornering to the right?

genphreak
02-25-2006, 09:30 PM
Just lately this problem has been gettin worse, Everytime i turn hard to the right, the CD pauses then continues when the car straighten outs, this also happens when i accelerate at a fast rate. Axle tramp maybe? Try not spinning the wheels during the turn and see what happens. :D

winfred
02-25-2006, 09:34 PM
id double check the mounting screws making sure they are tight and any going into the body of the changer are not too long, sometimes if you put too long of a screw to hold the body to the mount it will contact the dampened inner workings. it's that or the fact that sony's moble audio is ****, i've tossed a sony cd head unit out the window after one too many **** up pissed me off

gt90
02-25-2006, 09:43 PM
it's that or the fact that sony's moble audio is ****, i've tossed a sony cd head unit out the window after one too many **** up pissed me off

You hit the nail on the head!
I know they suck from experience!

McWatters
02-26-2006, 02:33 AM
yea even when im goin 30km an hour it cuts out when turning to the right. Im assuming something is horribly wrong with my deck, and If i were to pull it out of the ceter consol how much wire play do i have?? i dont want to rip anything.

cheers

J.McWatters

632 Regal
02-26-2006, 02:46 AM
mine plays flawlessly except I cant eject the magazine...no answers on this problem yet.

wingman
02-26-2006, 03:17 AM
Most modern CD players have what's known as 'anti-shock' or simlar. What it does is over samples and basically memorises what it has read ahead of time. If the unit gets jolted and the laser can't read the CD it plays what it has already sampled. That's my understanding of it anyway. Most modern ones have 40 second and over 'anti-shock'. It sounds like this is not working with yours for some reason. Your owner manual should have the specs for anti-shock.

McWatters
02-26-2006, 12:23 PM
haha yea it came with the car soo we dont have any owners manual, Could it possibly be a loose wiring job on the cd connection??

cheers

J.McWatters