PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever do something potentially bad without thinking?? Advice needed.

gamjohn2
02-24-2006, 10:53 PM
My coolant alert came on yesterday so this morning, I went to put some in. Now keep in mind, I was in a hurry. I unscrew "a" cap, pour some in, and proceed to look for a top off line. I can't find one. Wait a minute!! I just poured coolant into the washer fluid reservoir!! WTF!!

What do I do now?? Siphon it out, no harm, no foul?? Thanks for the suggestions.

gamjohn2

calmloki
02-24-2006, 11:00 PM
I assume you haven't used the washers? I would do just as you suggest, though I'd probably try to remove the resevoir so I could dump, refill w/ hot water, shake, dump, repeat. Doubt that you've done any harm at all, just created a good story. My potentially bad screwups usually have more dire consequences!
Tom Walrod

632 Regal
02-24-2006, 11:17 PM
that stuff is like grease on your windshield. My grandfather did this and told my dad how bad it was in a rainstorm, he was instantly blind and luckily drove to the side of the road without getting hit.

Rigmaster
02-24-2006, 11:27 PM
Like Tom said, take the washer reservoir out of the car, dump the fluid out, rinse it out well and replace it. Should not cause any long-lasting problems.

Bret.

SRR2
02-25-2006, 02:01 AM
That's not bad at all as screwups go. Be glad that the coolant didn't end up in the brake fluid reservoir.