PDA

View Full Version : Finally pics, 95 525it

Jjcarr
02-24-2006, 06:36 PM
Great commuter. I'm not going to modify it much, as I want to keep the cushy ride. If I want really sporty I'll get an M3 or something.

1995 525it
108k miles
Options:
Heated seats
Leather
Sunroof
Remote entry

Upgrades:
16" e39 wheels for summer
15" stock baskeweaves for snow
e36 M3 steering wheel
Stealth sub install, Sony head unit, factory speakers/amp

I have a set of new motor mounts and tranny mounts that I'll put in when time permits. Next on the list is thrust arms and probably lower control arms. Then the guibo and center bearing. It's actually in great shape, just want it 100%. Eventually I'll probably get the factory lowering springs and a set of Koni's, but I've got a lot of priorities before I get to that one...
http://www.geocities.com/jjcarr.geo/cars/bmw/wheels2.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/jjcarr.geo/cars/bmw/wheels1.jpg

Alexlind123
02-24-2006, 06:43 PM
That looks really nice. I like the color, what is it?

Scott H
02-24-2006, 07:07 PM
my three favorite colors:

Cirrusblau (I miss my old 535)
Calypsorot (looks nice in the wagon)
Avusblau (///MMMMMMMMM)

That looks really nice. I like the color, what is it?

Traian
02-24-2006, 08:48 PM
Ah, very nice ride.

Jr ///M5
02-24-2006, 09:53 PM
What a pretty color! Dang that looks good....nice find. I thought those wheels looked familair, and they DO look great with that car! You better be running the hub centrics with them.

Looks good!
Jr

theurig
02-24-2006, 11:44 PM
Beautiful car Jjcarr!!!!! Just beautiful!!! In my opinion that is the best colour for the E-34. That is really how I fel in love with the E-34!! Back in Nairobi Kenya!!! A friend of mines dad had a 520I and and 520I wagon in the exact same colour!!!!!

Jjcarr
02-25-2006, 12:21 PM
Not sure of the exact color name, not sure where the paint code sticker is on the wagon. Interestingly enough, when I called TireRack for the hub-centric rings, as soon as I told the guy I needed rings, he already knew the part number, there must be a lot of demand for the e39-e34 rings.

I thought about getting 17" wheels for the car, but since I don't want to lower is more than 3/4" at most, and because I want to use it for touring rather than sports the 16" wheels fit the look better. Heck, I might even leave the ride height stock to make sure I have enough clearance for snow in winter, but I think a shock upgrade would be required down the road.

Scott H
02-25-2006, 12:41 PM
In a roundabout way I kinda already mentioned your wagon's color in my post.......calypso red

Bill R.
02-25-2006, 01:03 PM
see too many calypsorot around here, mostly in e32's.

Not sure of the exact color name, not sure where the paint code sticker is on the wagon. Interestingly enough, when I called TireRack for the hub-centric rings, as soon as I told the guy I needed rings, he already knew the part number, there must be a lot of demand for the e39-e34 rings.

I thought about getting 17" wheels for the car, but since I don't want to lower is more than 3/4" at most, and because I want to use it for touring rather than sports the 16" wheels fit the look better. Heck, I might even leave the ride height stock to make sure I have enough clearance for snow in winter, but I think a shock upgrade would be required down the road.

Evan
02-26-2006, 10:16 PM
the Style 33 wheels look great on your Touring