PDA

View Full Version : Who would be the best Mod Team?

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Vote who you think would be the best team

Scott H
02-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Best Mod Team EVER (http://www.rangercentral.com/)

or maybe these guys

Best Mod team 2 (http://thundercats.vpga.com/)

or maybe this guy can do it alone

He has the Power (http://www.he-man.org/cartoon/cmotu/index.shtml)

Bill R.
02-24-2006, 01:36 PM

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 01:41 PM
Make sure to vote...

Scott H
02-24-2006, 01:43 PM
thereforheretowith I refuse to vote

Make sure to vote...

632 Regal
02-24-2006, 01:43 PM
dont be a quitter!

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 01:45 PM

do you want you name up on the list scott.... do you feel all left out because I forgot you? :-)

Scott H
02-24-2006, 01:51 PM
so no I don't feel left out, nor do I want to be on the list.

do you want you name up on the list scott.... do you feel all left out because I forgot you? :-)

DanDombrowski
02-24-2006, 01:52 PM
I volunteer, if anyone cares. My feelings wont be hurt if someone else is better suited.

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 01:54 PM
I volunteer, if anyone cares. My feelings wont be hurt if someone else is better suited.

I care......

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 01:55 PM
so no I don't feel left out, nor do I want to be on the list.

Is there someone you would like on the list?

Scott H
02-24-2006, 01:58 PM
they can volunteer themselves

Is there someone you would like on the list?

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 02:10 PM
:-)

billb
02-24-2006, 02:42 PM
And I quote:
Before searching, please look in the archives and/or conduct a thread search. There are a number of problems that are very common and have been covered extensively. We have attempted to save high quality threads that most thoroughly explain these issues and their resolution. The best way to get to these archives is the archive link at the center top of the page. If you do not find your issue in the archived threads, the next step is to use the “search this forum” tool at the upper right to search for other threads that deal with your problem. Long time members tire of answering the same questions repeatedly for impatient newcomers who are too lazy to search the archives or the threads. If you commit this faux pas, you are not likely to get much of a response. On the other hand, we get excited about a new wrinkle to an old problem. If you have read and tried the solutions in the archives and they didn’t work, and you have done your own thread search with no luck, by all means, post a new thread. Please indicate in your thread that you have read the archives and what you tried and what happened."

Please be patient. This is an international community. The person who has the answer to your problem may be on the other side of the globe or may be a person who only checks in every couple of days. It is fairly typical for a thread to take a 3-7 days to run its course.

Try to avoid the inflammatory issues. We love to joke here, but off hand comments made in fun about politics, guns, and other divisive topics can spark a back lash that take many a newbie by surprise. Old timers do it, but it is a dangerous activity for a newbie.

Develop a thick skin and don’t take things personally. We try to be really nice to newbies, but in a community this size, there is always someone having a bad day. If there is a factual error in a post, it is likely that a member will correct it so that the error is not perpetuated as truth. Don’t take it personally when it is your error being corrected.

I need to work on the last point myself, but some things STILL get under my skin. I need to learn to STFU.

The board used to police itself pretty well, but, as others have said, the ratio of old to new has shifted, and the old farts are getting tired of getting out the hickory switch. I consider myself a middle-aged fart, on the way to old-fartdom, board history-wise.

Do we need moderators? Dunno...I think we just need a cultural understanding that we're all going to play nice and not conduct social experiments at the expense of the sanity of the board.

Off soapbox.

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 02:47 PM
stickies??? what are those? :-)

ryan roopnarine
02-24-2006, 03:20 PM
you need an allstar team, lead by malcontents, accompanied by sticklers for detail. should be ukm5, cshollom, george mann (somebody can email him, i'm sure) and perhaps somebody can convince nosa to come back here and to insert off color comments into people's posts surrepititiously (sp). to name a few.

Bill R.
02-24-2006, 03:24 PM
sucks....its gotta be me because its too popular.

you need an allstar team, lead by malcontents, accompanied by sticklers for detail. should be ukm5, cshollom, george mann (somebody can email him, i'm sure) and perhaps somebody can convince nosa to come back here and to insert off color comments into people's posts surrepititiously (sp). to name a few.

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 04:08 PM

lol

angrypancake
02-24-2006, 04:14 PM
captain planet and his gang of trusty planeteers. can i retract my vote? i like the list i chose but without ukmgay.

Blitzkrieg Bob
02-24-2006, 04:36 PM
from the car and no one gets hurt!

I'd rather leave the car stock as much as possible.

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 04:55 PM
from the car and no one gets hurt!

I'd rather leave the car stock as much as possible.

LOL :-)

Paul in NZ
02-25-2006, 05:28 AM
we dont need mods deleting posts....if you have people deleting other peoples posts , i think you are on a veeeryyy slippery slope.We have had a few heated issues over the years but only a couple of people started to get under my skin.

Gayle
02-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Just to go on record for why I am advocating mods.

I am strongly anti-censorship. I am strongly for people behaving themselves without the threat of being spanked.

What I think we need mods for are the people who come here and are intent on making trouble. That is their goal in the post. What I am talking about a mod to deal with the deliberately inflamatory posts that seem to occur about once every three or four months. The examples I am talking about are

1. UMK5
2. that woman whose name I don't remember who made a string of posts claiming this guy was a lyer and thief because they were from the same city
3. cschollum
4. HDhandyman's starving children picture

This is it for an entire year. These kind of things turn into wars that run across mulitple threads. These first two were deleted by bimmerd00d and Ed to put an end to the wars. I don't remember anyone being upset that those were deleted. I remember relief.

We all can recognize inflamtory posts when we see them. We need someone to deal with them because the thread wars burn people out and make them less invested in the board. I became less active after some of the argumentative stages on the board. Billb is burned out now after #4 above. Big conflicts take too much of a toll on people.

There were two mods when I started this board last spring. Someone name ILLYA who left and bimmerd00d is has become inactive. I just think we need to return to the level of moderationship that was previously in place.

CHARLES: You poll is unfair. The choices stack the vote to "no mods". Winfred doesn't want to be a mod. I don't want to be a mod. Having Jeff be a mod is having the fox guard the henhouse.

The names I have floated to Ed are:

Greg (GJPinAU)
Bill (Billb)
Jr (Jr ///M5)

I have been PM these people to see if they would be willing. These guys are all calm, mature, fathers who understand how to handle bratty kids like myself, Jeff, Daycote, Scott H., Pancake, etc. They could tell the difference between our ornery, off color posts and the inflamatory posts that are just designed to wig people out.

Greg has agreed. He is a race steward at the track in Australia and serves the same role there.

Billb is currently taking space to recover from the HDhandyman episode. He has not said no, and will make a decision next week.

Jr is ignoring my messages. Probably not a good sign for his willingness.

Charles. Please shut this unfair poll down. The results would be very different if the choices were:

Do we need someone to deal with the deliberately inflamatory posts?
Yes
No

Go here to vote in a real poll (http://www.bimmer.info/forum/showthread.php?t=19180)

Jr ///M5
02-25-2006, 03:06 PM
I have been PM these people to see if they would be willing. These guys are all calm, mature, fathers who understand how to handle bratty kids like, Jeff, Daycote, Pancake, etc. They could tell the difference between our ornery, off color posts and the inflamatory posts that are just designed to wig people out.

Jr is ignoring my messages. Probably not a good sign for his willingness.

I'm sorry, were you talking to me???......(ha,ha,ha,ha,) jus' teasin' Gayle, jus' teasin' ya...

P.S. Just so you know, I have two older sisters and I make it my mission to aggrevate the crap out of them, even after all these years, so don't go feeling left out Gayle, just remember, it's only because I love you so much!:D

Enjoy the fun! Life is short....(I also fixed your list of names) :D
Jr

632 Regal
02-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Having Jeff be a mod is having the fox guard the henhouse

Gayle
02-25-2006, 04:11 PM
Having Jeff be a mod is having the fox guard the henhouse

Only the truth Jeff. You are one of the wild ones of this board.

632 Regal
02-25-2006, 05:43 PM
I guard the hens and got rid of all the cocks so your statement is not accurate at all.

Only the truth Jeff. You are one of the wild ones of this board.