PDA

View Full Version : Removing Interior Trim

Mike / 525i
03-17-2004, 08:24 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forumand would like to ask the professionals a question. I am thinking about buying a wood trim kit for my 525. Have any of you tried to install any of these kits? Is it hard to uninstall the old trim? Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Mike / 525i

winfred
03-17-2004, 09:58 AM
the stick on kits generally look like cold ****, factory wood usually requiers the part that it's mounted to, like the glove box and door panels, they are releaved for the wood to sit flush and have the mounting holes

JAlfredPrufrock
07-10-2005, 02:13 PM
So how are people removing the OEM interior trim?

Rusty
07-10-2005, 07:13 PM
I have a '95 and I had to remove the door panels to get the wood trim off. I actually tried to pry off one piece of wood trim and after a good deal of pulling I found that there were screws and nuts and not clips holding them on!!!

Long story short be really careful when you start yanking on stuff. Especially if it's expensive!

Kalevera
07-10-2005, 07:35 PM
the stick on kits generally look like cold ****, factory wood usually requiers the part that it's mounted to, like the glove box and door panels, they are releaved for the wood to sit flush and have the mounting holes
Hah! Truly.

Gayle
07-11-2005, 04:34 AM
What are you suppose to do to maintain wood trim?

Gayle