PDA

View Full Version : My T-Shirt Design :)

Jon K
02-23-2006, 10:36 PM
Ok so I am making a T-Shirt for my website/forum at www.blowneuroz.com

I took a couple hours to learn Adobe Illustrator (instead of doing my 5 page paper) and came up with this :)

I will be making them in T-Shirts and if anyone is interested, let me know.

Answer the poll as to what you think!

http://www.blowneuroz.com/images/Logo.gif

Torque
02-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Quite nice actually.

When you have the finished product, tell me; I'll buy one ... I like it that much.

wingman
02-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Snail plus what equals turbo? Is that a shell or a tornado?

Jon K
02-23-2006, 11:17 PM
tornado

Jon K
02-23-2006, 11:17 PM
http://www.blowneuroz.com/images/shirt.gif

wingman
02-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Can I vote again? I'd like to change my vote to 'Way cool'. Good Job!

bimmerd00d
02-23-2006, 11:42 PM
i think it's hilarious. in.

Qube
02-23-2006, 11:47 PM
While the equation is nice... it doesn't really say 'blown euroz' to me... unless that isn't the point? :| The equation is nice though. I'd say to somehow make the transformation even a tad more obvious. Hmmm... like the middle of the blower brown? I don't know ;)

Jon K
02-24-2006, 12:02 AM
It will literally, verbally say "BLOWNEUROZ.COM" under the image.

angrypancake
02-24-2006, 12:03 AM
what about

(snail) + (blower) = :D

..get blown...

then on the back put blowneuroz.com

and what color are you gonna make the shirts?

HDhandyman
02-24-2006, 12:19 AM
Whoa, the d00d speaks! D00d, what's up? How's life? You never responded after I sent you that email, and I can't get you anymore on IM. Did the email help? Did Ed call you? Drop me a letter or catch me on the line. Hope everything's working out well for ya!

Jon, I really like the design, and I'd buy the T-shirt. But, I feel like I'd be a poser. In fact, I feel like I'd be a poser if I joined the site. It's so well put together. Everybody has this nice profile, and these super nice cars. I feel like you guys are the Vin Diesel of Suped Euro Machines. I just feel like a spectator with nothing to contribute. I'd still buy the T-shirt though and look at people like "What?" if they asked me...LOL

Jon K
02-24-2006, 12:48 AM
Hah thanks. Feel free to sign up on our forums - we dont descriminate.

KB535i
02-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Very creative jon. I can do silkscreening for you if you dont already have someone.

dacoyote
02-24-2006, 09:25 AM
what about

..get blown...

Even better

Johntee540
02-24-2006, 09:29 AM
I would change the algorithm to

(snail) + (Tornado) = Turbo

for some reason that makes more sense to me? - JT

FWinNH
02-24-2006, 09:45 AM

Actually, what would make more sense to me would be to change the equation to:

snail + Turbo = Tornado

Or substitute Tazmanian Devil for the Tornado... ;)

peks
02-24-2006, 11:16 AM
snail + Turbo = Tornado

thats what i was going to say.. doesnt that make more sense?

Russell
02-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Doubt if you really "learned" Illustrator in a couple of hours. These programs have so many options and techniques it takes a very long time to become proficient. Same for Autocad, ArcGis and CorelDraw.

BTW, I think the images need to be a bit bolder so as to "read" more quickly. Thin lines do not work well on T-shirts IMO. :)

Ok so I am making a T-Shirt for my website/forum at www.blowneuroz.com (http://www.blowneuroz.com)

I took a couple hours to learn Adobe Illustrator (instead of doing my 5 page paper) and came up with this :)

I will be making them in T-Shirts and if anyone is interested, let me know.

Answer the poll as to what you think!

http://www.blowneuroz.com/images/Logo.gif

peks
02-24-2006, 11:44 AM
i think he just meant learn enough to make that graphic..

Doubt if you really "learned" Illustrator in a couple of hours. These programs have so many options and techniques it takes a very long time to become proficient. Same for Autocad, ArcGis and CorelDraw.

BTW, I think the images need to be a bit bolder so as to "read" more quickly. Thin lines do not work well on T-shirts IMO. :)

Qube
02-24-2006, 11:53 AM

We may as well deviate to snail + tornado = lady holding turbo with mouth open ;)

Jon K
02-24-2006, 12:03 PM

No I did mean learned in 2 hrs. I have been using photoshop for over 6 years now - I subscribe to lynda.com tutorials ; i sifted thru a couple of segments of their tutorials and learned Live Paint, point editting, etc. I feel more than comfortable with Illustrator now, I never gave it a chance, but do now that I had a reason to use it.

I do know AutoCAD fairly well also.

The algorithm isn't supposed to make sense in the way you guys are thinking - they call turbos "snails". So SNAIL + TURBO makes no sense in this example, as they're one in the same. It's supposed to signify a SNAIL + MASS_AIR_MOVEMENT = TURBO, thru association of SNAIL==TURBO.

Also, the problem I found with making the outlining in thicker lines is that when the image is scaled down, let's say for a hat or vinyl sticker, the 2pt thick lines are too wide and detail is lost.

bulldog_shotgun
02-24-2006, 01:30 PM
i'm new so my two cents are worth exacttly 0cents i know but.....

shouldn't the equation read snail + turbo = tornado???

if snail = slow car
an tornado = destructive all powerful force.

don't you put a turbo on a slow car to equal a destructive all powerful force.

or am i too blind to see it
and i'm missing the point?

BTW i do like the symbolism its kinda cool.

Russell
02-24-2006, 01:35 PM
You are experieced with graphics software. Perhaps you could learn much of the program quickly. Your graphic also in an inside reference that is not clear to us non-tubo people. Interesting.

No I did mean learned in 2 hrs. I have been using photoshop for over 6 years now - I subscribe to lynda.com tutorials ; i sifted thru a couple of segments of their tutorials and learned Live Paint, point editting, etc. I feel more than comfortable with Illustrator now, I never gave it a chance, but do now that I had a reason to use it.

I do know AutoCAD fairly well also.

The algorithm isn't supposed to make sense in the way you guys are thinking - they call turbos "snails". So SNAIL + TURBO makes no sense in this example, as they're one in the same. It's supposed to signify a SNAIL + MASS_AIR_MOVEMENT = TURBO, thru association of SNAIL==TURBO.

Also, the problem I found with making the outlining in thicker lines is that when the image is scaled down, let's say for a hat or vinyl sticker, the 2pt thick lines are too wide and detail is lost.

Jay 535i
02-24-2006, 02:36 PM
Sorry, it doesn't really make sense.

Slow + Air = Turbo?

More like:

Slow + Turbo = Fast car

or

Slow + Air = Fast car

The turbo is the means, not the end. So it shouldn't be on the right side of the equals sign.

Booster
02-24-2006, 06:03 PM
Oh Jeez........you guys are totally overthinking this !:p

Jon.......just start over and use a good turbo compressor image with the sexy mouth of a blonde on it with air blowing out her ears.DONE :D
Now I do realize this would appear as "Blown Blondes", BUT STILL MORE FUN TO LOOK AT !:)
Vinny

Jon K
02-25-2006, 07:06 PM
GUYS... the SNAIL does not equate to slow. PLEASE READ. SNAIL != slow. It-does-not-equal-slow.

People OFTEN refer to turbochargers as "snails". Example: "Wow your single turbo supra sure has a large snail under the hood." HENCE... Snail (not meaning slow) + Tornado = TURBO. If you look at the physical appearance of a snail, and imagine it moving a lot of air, you've got a turbo! Make sense?!

Jon K
02-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Sorry, it doesn't really make sense.

Slow + Air = Turbo?

More like:

Slow + Turbo = Fast car

or

Slow + Air = Fast car

The turbo is the means, not the end. So it shouldn't be on the right side of the equals sign.

Jay the turbo does not relate to a fast or slow car, much as the snail itself does NOT equate to "slowness". Its a term used in the forced induction world... fast car/slow car has nothing to do with it. If it makes any more sense to you, read the equation from right to left, A turbo IS a lot of air PLUS the appearance of a snail.

digitaldragon03
02-25-2006, 08:49 PM
So turbo + tornado = turbo ? Still doesnt make sense. x+y does not equal x unless y is 0.

BigKriss
02-25-2006, 09:32 PM
I voted 'no' because if the members on here find it hard to understand, how will the general public?

Jon K
02-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Whatever if you don't get it, I give up. 48 other people get it, so, I'm fine with it.

Also, its not X + Y = X, its more like Xsub1 plus Xsub2 = Xsub3

If you really want to get technical.

genphreak
02-25-2006, 09:43 PM
the problem I found with making the outlining in thicker lines is that when the image is scaled down, let's say for a hat or vinyl sticker, the 2pt thick lines are too wide and detail is lost.You can make the images high-res bitmaps or whatever, then scale them. As vectors illustratrator applies line properties absolutely so they do not scale when u re-size the image. Perhaps a bit more white space in there to make it easier to read.

I like the snail, it makes a good point and grabs one's interest... :) nick

SharkmanBMW
02-25-2006, 10:25 PM
what about

..get blown...

I like that...

snail + turbo = :D

of course get blown is my favorite part!

angrypancake
02-25-2006, 11:05 PM
i guess it doesnt make sense since we found out that snail = turbo. so i guess it should be

snail + (tornado) = :D
...get blown

or you could say something like...
my car got blown, now it's my turn
blow me (http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/4103/avatar3197229tz.gif)

pundit
02-25-2006, 11:55 PM
Whatever if you don't get it, I give up. 48 other people get it, so, I'm fine with it.

Also, its not X + Y = X, its more like Xsub1 plus Xsub2 = Xsub3

If you really want to get technical.
What's the difference between a duck? ;)

HDhandyman
02-26-2006, 12:20 AM
I think it should read...

"Porsche, it's a little too small to get laid ,in. But, you get laid the minute you get out!"

Now, that's an insiders joke.

Jon,

If nothing else, I like the way you defend your position. I also still like the T-shirt. So, I'm just gonna shout out my vote again.---Nice.

I can't get over it that people will even argue with you about your proficiency learning curve with the software. You guys will argue anything on this board. Who gives a _ _ _ _ how long it took you to learn it?

I say, it's a shirt for your website, if you guys like it, go for it!

Paul in NZ
02-26-2006, 01:55 AM
it looks cool..sorta modern hiroglyphics(sp).
Great now we have people narrating the arguments

JoeS
02-26-2006, 10:48 AM
By applying some math tricks...

Turbo - snail = Tornado does not quite make sense for me

Actually, what would make more sense to me would be to change the equation to:

snail + Turbo = Tornado

Or substitute Tazmanian Devil for the Tornado... ;)

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
02-26-2006, 10:55 AM
One of my friends has an '05 Scooby WRX. His license plate frame reads: Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown.

Andrea K
02-26-2006, 10:56 AM
Perhaps it makes more sense if you think:

snail shape + large amounts of air = turbo

Jon K
02-26-2006, 11:38 AM
Thats exactly right andrea...

This equation is not one that needs to be mathematically scrutinized... i don't get why you people are trying it so hard.