PDA

View Full Version : No way 86K miles, 5 Speed, for $1750

DaCan23
02-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Way too good of a deal to be true on this E28

http://boston.craigslist.org/car/135572367.html

DaCan23
02-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Though I'd like to get this.... but would be killed by GF...

http://boston.craigslist.org/car/135153002.html

wingman
02-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Strange that it doesn't have the extended wheel arches that all the 535i's I've seen have (may just be an euro thing). Also funny that it it has those ugly aftermarket fogs and not the stock ones that I thougth all 535i's came with (again maybe a euro thing) or they may be driving lights. Manuals are typically harder to sell unless you've got an enthusiast buyer. Maybe he's tried for ages with no luck.

Erwin8r
02-23-2006, 04:32 PM
Way too good of a deal to be true on this E28

http://boston.craigslist.org/car/135572367.html

Not really--it isn't the "is" model with the sport seats, air dam, LSD, etc. And actually, the 5-speed models tend to be easier to sell--at least locally (in Southern California). Still a good deal if the mileage is accurate and their is nothing horribly wrong with the car...

Alexlind123
02-23-2006, 06:16 PM
E28s are down in value because of their less modern appearance.

Derek A.
02-24-2006, 05:36 AM
Those Fog lights look factory.

wingman
02-24-2006, 06:25 AM
I think I clarified my comments by saying maybe these are euro features. The 535i that we got in OZ came in two forms. One was the 535i which came with the metric wheels (TRX tyres) and the resultant wider wheel arches. This was an up-speced 528i. The fogs were built into the air dam as per E30. The other was the M535i which was the same car but with 'M' suspension, body kit and manual. Again the fogs were built into the air dam. The fogs on the car pictured are similar to the optional fogs on my E12 which bolted onto the lower front bumper mounts. I probably should have not replied as US cars are obviously VERY different. Sorry to mislead anyone. I'm under the understanding that the ugly big bumpers were to comply with 'federal' legislation. Is this true? They look shite. I understand that they can be converted to 'Euro Spec' legally and easily.

HDhandyman
02-24-2006, 07:29 AM
I think I clarified my comments by saying maybe these are euro features. The 535i that we got in OZ came in two forms. One was the 535i which came with the metric wheels (TRX tyres) and the resultant wider wheel arches. This was an up-speced 528i. The fogs were built into the air dam as per E30. The other was the M535i which was the same car but with 'M' suspension, body kit and manual. Again the fogs were built into the air dam. The fogs on the car pictured are similar to the optional fogs on my E12 which bolted onto the lower front bumper mounts. I probably should have not replied as US cars are obviously VERY different. Sorry to mislead anyone. I'm under the understanding that the ugly big bumpers were to comply with 'federal' legislation. Is this true? They look shite. I understand that they can be converted to 'Euro Spec' legally and easily.

How? Do tell, do tell.

Alan_525i
02-24-2006, 12:21 PM
How? Do tell, do tell.

You compress the bumper shocks and push the bumpers in. You can also swap out for a euro front end, but thats a little cost prohibitive.

Rodericb
02-24-2006, 02:49 PM

That car is a 535i with aftermarket wheels. I believe that most 535i models came with the metric wheel TRX tires standard up until '87. Also, those are standard factory fogs. The 535is came with the fogs mounted in the airdam. The only difference between the 535i and the 535is were the comfort seats and the spoiler/air dam. I don't know if there was an upgrade for the TRX tires/Metric wheels. I could be wrong.