PDA

View Full Version : Sunroof cover Q...

JScritch
02-23-2006, 02:05 PM
1992 525i Auto

Tried searching but couldn't come up with my answer.

When tilting the sunroof up at the back, I'm assuming the interior cover is supposed to tilt with it. Is this correct?

If so, what holds the cover to the sunroof when it tilts? My cover does not go with the sunroof therefore it's pretty useless to try and tilt my sunroof. Just wondering what I need to fix/replace.

632 Regal
02-23-2006, 02:10 PM
Derek A rebuilt his, maybe he will see your post and reply...ill link him from tahoo messenger, brb.
1992 525i Auto

Tried searching but couldn't come up with my answer.

When tilting the sunroof up at the back, I'm assuming the interior cover is supposed to tilt with it. Is this correct?

If so, what holds the cover to the sunroof when it tilts? My cover does not go with the sunroof therefore it's pretty useless to try and tilt my sunroof. Just wondering what I need to fix/replace.

Derek A.
02-23-2006, 02:20 PM
There are a series of pins and clips That hold it in. Probably best to pull the whole cover off and check it out. If I have pics - I will dig them up and post.

JScritch
02-23-2006, 02:30 PM
There are a series of pins and clips That hold it in. Probably best to pull the whole cover off and check it out. If I have pics - I will dig them up and post.

Any pictures you can post would be appreciated. How do I get the cover off/out? I don't have any sort of repair manual for this so I'm sort of flying blind.

JScritch
02-27-2006, 03:19 PM
Anybody on this....how to get the cover off so I can figure out what's going on?

Kristuphir
02-27-2006, 03:33 PM
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/maintenance/Body/sunroof.htm