PDA

View Full Version : Vibration

Bimmer93
02-23-2006, 08:55 AM
My E-34 has a vibration on acceleration also when listening to the engine it doesnt sound smooth not like a hum sound also in my opinion i'm not loosing any power. When I have my head under the hood and bring the engine to a higher idle and maintain that idle it has this vibration or wable (depending on the words you use) this e-34 has 100k miles on it and I purchased it used and havent done anything to it yet. Two things (1) I get no error code, (2) when at idle engine runs smooth. THANKS for helping.

winfred
02-23-2006, 09:17 AM
year/model??????????????

Bimmer93
02-23-2006, 01:34 PM
year/model??????????????
93 525I

632 Regal
02-23-2006, 02:17 PM
look in your maintenance records and check when the last time the cap/coil/wires and plugs were change. Also check all the other scheduled maintenance items and bring the car up to date. Nothing like starting fresh.

Bimmer93
02-23-2006, 04:27 PM
look in your maintenance records and check when the last time the cap/coil/wires and plugs were change. Also check all the other scheduled maintenance items and bring the car up to date. Nothing like starting fresh.
Your right. I dont see anything as far recent maint. in all the paper work but what I did find in carfax was sparkplugs replaced about 5000 miles ago but by the looks of it not by bmw dealer.

RobPatt
02-23-2006, 08:18 PM
....easy to do, literally take them off and look them over, had an annoying sound for long time gradually getting worse, a vibration you could feel even... turned out about 1/2 inch section missing from inside of a belt.... despite the belts were only 2 years and about 15K miles old.... and were new continentals.... easy to check. good luck. Rob.