PDA

View Full Version : 735iL riding high in the back

crankin
02-22-2006, 07:03 PM
My 90 735 is back on the road running well. Thanks to all for your help.
The car just started sitting pretty high in the rear. I replaced the expensive rear shocks severel years ago, opting for the ones that go with the self leveling. Since then, the ride has been firm, but at normal height. The nitro balls or something needed to be replaced for the leveling to work.

Now it is still firm, but high in the back. The power steering is full. I recently drained it and changed the fluid. Could that have anything to do with it, or what should I look for?
Thanks again

shogun
02-22-2006, 11:19 PM
Maybe there is a bit of air inside, but that sshould not be the case.
Have a look on my website below, there is one info for service techs in German called EDC and Niveau, just right in first or second section. Does not matter if you understand German language, but there are drawings where you can see the system, the regulating valve, and also there is on my page an instruction how to adjust the rear height (German/English with pics).

crankin
02-23-2006, 09:46 AM
Thanks, shogun. Can you tell me where your adjustment info is? I can't find your page, or it on your page. Thanks

crankin
02-23-2006, 10:29 PM
I found it. What would cause my ride height to go so high suddenly? Could there still be some ATF fluid in the system mixing with the pentosin I replaced it with?
Thanks

CharlesAFerg
02-24-2006, 03:45 PM
You aren't in Oregon by chance are you? I saw a black 7 series riding so high I think I looked at it 5 times to make sure, it was freakish.

crankin
02-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Nope, FL here. Mine is grey and does look rather freakish.
I hope to get it lowered tomorrow.