PDA

View Full Version : Back seat

Mailman45rf
02-22-2006, 02:24 PM
Hav a 1992 525i and the battery is dead but I can't seem to get the back seat up.I don't want to be an animal and rip something i'm not suppose to.Any "easy" way???

Jay 535i
02-22-2006, 02:32 PM
Pull straight up on the front edge of the seat, HARD. You won't hurt anything. It takes a big shove.

Jr ///M5
02-22-2006, 06:16 PM
If you were sitting in the rear passenger seat, reach down between your legs toward the floor, this is the area of the seat where the clip holds down the seat. Now, get your butt out of the car, and grab the bottom edge of the seat in that location...give it a good hard yank up and it will pop free on that side, but wait, you're not done, there's another clip on the other side in the same location. Pop loose the other one in the same manner then lift the seat up and out.
When you put the seat back in place, make sure the rear of the seat is all the way back and fitting around the seat belt latches correctly. Then with both hands on top of the seat in the clip location give it a sharp push downward and it will clip right into place.