PDA

View Full Version : Another fuel door question

ElNormo
02-22-2006, 12:02 PM
I realize this is the second fuel door thread for the day, perhaps a new record...

I've got a fuel door and hinge to install on my E34. I managed to pry the old (broken) hinge out, and I can install the new hinge onto the door. But, try as I might, I cannot get the new hinge to pry into the two holes on the car body.

Has anyone had problems with this before? Is there a trick to getting it to pry into place? I've tried attacking it with a screwdriver, to no avail.

Thanks for any advice,

Norman

DaCan23
02-22-2006, 12:08 PM
Not sure if what I am picturing in my mind versus what you are talking about..... but if I am recalling correctly... I think w/ the hinge one the fuel flap, it needs to bein the open hinge position to then install it in the body.

Perhaps thats why I made my mistake of putting the hinge in w/o attached to the flap way back when which almost cost me a 2nd new hinge.

Scott H
02-22-2006, 12:10 PM
I have to go take another look at mine but pretty sure that part required some force (unfortunately). I will check back with this thread when I get home tonight....

I replaced the hinge on the iT and have an extra one laying around for the M5 when I feel like breaking more stuff.

.......But, try as I might, I cannot get the new hinge to pry into the two holes on the car body.

Has anyone had problems with this before? Is there a trick to getting it to pry into place? I've tried attacking it with a screwdriver, to no avail.