PDA

View Full Version : 1994 E34 530I Fluctuating Idle (CONTINUES)

Green Bimmer
02-21-2006, 06:34 PM
(I AM POSTING THE ENTIRE POSTING AGAIN HOWEVER I DO HAVE A CODE AND I FOUND A WIRE HARNESS HANGING NEAR THE ALTERNATOR)

My 1994 530i RPM is fluctuating from about 5000-10000 RPM. Sometimes it even drops below 5000 RPM and then shuts off. I also noticed that my transmission has been hesitating since the RPM's fluctuate, also my headlights goes from bright to dim when the engine idle is fluctuating, also the engine check light comes on during low idle but goes off after I increase the RPM's. This begin about a week ago while I was at the car wash as I was pulling away from the car wash I gunned it to go to another area at the carwash to dry my car, just as I was exceleratoring the car shut off, this is when the problem begin for me and my Bimmer . I didn't notice any water getting to the engine. I did the stomp test and all I get back is the Engine check light flashes over and over. I am not getting a code. I just replace the idle control valve and still having the same problem.

1. I AM GETTING CODE FROM THE ENGINE CHECK LIGHT OF 1, 2, 1, 3. I CAN'T FIND THIS CODE IN THE BENTLEY MANUAL.

2. I FOUND A GREY WIRING HARNESS LOOSE NEAR THE ALTERNATOR, I CAN'T DETERMINE IF THE WIRE WAS PLUGGED INTO ANYTHING BUT WILL LOOK TOMORROW WITH A MIRROR.

Joe in Orlando
jo608@adelphia.net

E34 530
02-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Did you get any of your fuses/DME (computer on left side of engine bay) wet? I have heard a lot of stories about this happening to e36's after coming from a carwash.

araine901
02-23-2006, 06:52 PM
That code is the oxygen sensor#2 lean rich control stop. I think this is only on V8 cars. I found it in section 100-9 of my Bently manual.