PDA

View Full Version : slow oil pressure build up in M30 engine

rob101
02-21-2006, 03:10 PM
hello everyone, my old 528i (m30b28) has been a little bit slow to turn the oil pressure light out on start up, what is the usual symptom for this, banjo bolts?

Gene in NC
02-21-2006, 06:17 PM
How many mikes. SOP is to replace oil pressure sender first. Cheap and easy. COmmon problem.

rob101
02-21-2006, 06:26 PM
How many mikes. SOP is to replace oil pressure sender first. Cheap and easy. COmmon problem.
its about 200 000 km or 120 000 miles,
I am going to poke around in the valvetrain anyway to check clearances, so i'll have a look at the banjo bolts then, I am just considering how likely it is that i will need to replace them.

shogun
02-21-2006, 06:36 PM
You have probably to replace or repair the oil cannister. The ball in the cannister might have disappeared. Common problem. Go to my website below and look for the link to e32fixes.com

rob101
02-21-2006, 06:53 PM
You have probably to replace or repair the oil cannister. The ball in the cannister might have disappeared. Common problem. Go to my website below and look for the link to e32fixes.com
thanks, mine is the old inverted type so i'll have to do some head scratching should be the same principle :D

mystical_wings
02-21-2006, 10:02 PM
thanks, mine is the old inverted type so i'll have to do some head scratching should be the same principle :D

I checked for the fuse in the metal housing under the dash like you said,but I think they changed it from your year to mine,cause there was no fuse ,just resistors

rob101
02-21-2006, 10:09 PM
I checked for the fuse in the metal housing under the dash like you said,but I think they changed it from your year to mine,cause there was no fuse ,just resistors
I don't think that was me that said that, but there is another fuse box in the engine bay, but i think that is for engine fuses. that said, the fuses will either be under the dash or in the engine bay check in the glove box as well, i think there are a couple of ECU's in there perhaps the fuse box as well, there are no fuses under the rear seat like an e34 :D