PDA

View Full Version : oil leak...any ideas?

Tommy525-24v
02-21-2006, 01:58 PM
Hi, I`ve got a bmw 525i 24v.
On the left side under of the oilpan there is a oil sensor.
Itīs bolted on with three screws and have a little whole in the middle.
This is leaking on my car, and i was wondering why that is...
Do i have to replace this whole part, or could it be an easy fix if i just take it off and have a look?
Sorry about the bad english...
Tommy - Norway

Akhil
02-21-2006, 02:19 PM
if you have oil leak any where in left part of engine then it seems like leaking from there (oil level sensor) because that is the lowes point on left side of engine. First try to pin point the leak then we can help you more.

Good luck
Akhil

rob101
02-21-2006, 02:36 PM
hello,

I am guess that your sensor is the one show as part 11 in the diagram on this page http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD52&mospid=47375&btnr=11_1898&hg=11&fg=10
if thats the one you are talking about it has a gasket, the first thing to try would be to replace the gasket on the sensor.:)

Tommy525-24v
02-23-2006, 04:14 PM
Your right, it is the oil level sensor. And it is not leaking around the gasget...
There`s a little hole in the middle of this sensor, and i can see little drops of oil coming out. I know that when a waterpump is broken, the water comes out a little drenage hole under it. And i was wondering if this oil level sensor would do the same when it`s broken....? Or maby if i could take it out and replace some kind of o-ring or something like that?