PDA

View Full Version : UDSK...March 11, Leith BMW...

billb
02-21-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm signed up for the 550i at 10am, and the 530xiT at 11. That'll be a fun back-to-back. Then the next day, I'm signed up to help transfer the cars to Virginia Beach. ROAD TRIP!!

DaCan23
02-21-2006, 09:53 AM
A friend of mine got a 550i a few months ago.... every option except the active cruise I think.... technologically an amazing car... pop the hood on dat thing and you'll see how little room there is in that engine compartment...

Way too much technology for me and of course ugly as hell.

Interesting note, same guy went to our chapter annual, and 2 BMW big honchos were there, and someone asked why tech options like active steering, and such cant be deleted, the point was that many enthusiasts dont want a car to assist w/ anything.... and the guys response... there is not enough of a market for true enthusiasts like that who dont want all the latest greatest automotive technology..... BMW has no clue about its customers outside of those w/ deep pockets buying new cars......

granit_silber
02-21-2006, 11:56 AM
I'm signed up for the 550i at 10am, and the 530xiT at 11. That'll be a fun back-to-back. Then the next day, I'm signed up to help transfer the cars to Virginia Beach. ROAD TRIP!!
Bill,

How do you sign up to transfer the cars?
I've got the 650CiC at 10, then the Z4 3.0si at 11. And then I'm just going from there!
March 16 in Winston
-ashley

Paul in NZ
02-21-2006, 11:59 AM
its a sad fact,the guy with the chequebook will dictate....our local BMW dealer has very little to do with the car club,he says his job is to sell cars.Apart from a couple of e 46s the vast majority of club members have ancient cars(in the dealers eyes) ie 24s,e28,e30,e34,and some even older...thats the profile of bmw enthusiasts here,most of us have no hope of ever buying a new or even near new bmw.A new five is in the region of 120,000.....

billb
02-21-2006, 12:39 PM
Bill,

How do you sign up to transfer the cars?
I've got the 650CiC at 10, then the Z4 3.0si at 11. And then I'm just going from there!
March 16 in Winston
-ashley

I'll put you in touch with the right person.

billb
03-10-2006, 11:21 AM

I'm still signed up for the two fivers for UDSK tomorrow, but Sunday, I'm hoping to get there early enough to get in one of the drop-tops. Hoping for a Z4. I plan to take some photos along the way, hopefully enough of a story there to put a story in Roundel. We'll see.