PDA

View Full Version : Say What?

wingman
02-20-2006, 10:30 PM
OZ Prices for two pitman arms for rear axle:

BMA OEM: AU$143 (including postage but not incl GST)
Stealer: AU$492...

WTF!?!?

Zeuk in Oz
02-21-2006, 12:19 AM
OZ Prices for two pitman arms for rear axle:

BMA OEM: AU$143 (including postage but not incl GST)
Stealer: AU$492...

WTF!?!?
Be amazed ! Be very amazed !!!

rob101
02-21-2006, 12:22 AM
Be amazed ! Be very amazed !!!
Patrick is your Master muhaha,:D I sometimes wonder how much business BMA gets, they must have a biiiig turnover! Yet Patrick is always quick with answering correspondence. Thats what amazes me.

angrypancake
02-21-2006, 12:23 AM
thats why they call em the stealers. thats an absurd markup. the real question remains, if the dealer is charging AU $492, BMA is charging AU $143, and both are profitting, how much are the parts worth initially? AU $50, at most? ridiculous.

Kristuphir
02-21-2006, 01:09 AM
I just talked to Patrick about this the other day. He says that it's like this for Canada too...it's cheaper for someone there to buy parts that have been sold from Germany to BMA and from BMA to Canadians, even with shipping, than it is from the Canadian dealers. He said it's even cheaper for Germans to order from him than from a dealer. Notice a pattern here? He seemed quite pleased with the amount of business he's been getting from OZ, and I can imagine why.

BMA is just down the highway from my house - I go pick stuff up from them all the time. As far as I can tell, it's just Patrick and his brother Yves and some other random employees. If this sounds like a shameless plug, it's because they've given me the best service and prices on everything I've ordered from them. They have a lot more parts available than what the web site shows, too...

wingman
02-21-2006, 03:35 AM
. He said it's even cheaper for Germans to order from him than from a dealer. Notice a pattern here? He seemed quite pleased with the amount of business he's been getting from OZ, and I can imagine why.

I'm just stunned by this. You'd think that after 10 years of BMW ownership I'd be used to this BS but...:(

Kristuphir
02-21-2006, 07:32 PM
I've only been in BMWs for three or so years, but I think I only ever bought one thing from a dealer. I learned my lesson very quickly...