PDA

View Full Version : 525 Touring, changing brake bulbs? LED?

Jjcarr
02-20-2006, 09:30 AM
I've gone through the owner's manual and the Bentley, and neither is very helpfull. I need to replace the brake and taillight bulbs. How do I get at them? It looks like I have to remove the entire tan cover piece that the tools reside in. It looks like only one bulb on each side is readily accessible. Suggestions?

Also, I'm considering getting some LED 5008, etc... replacement bulbs. Just to get longer life out of the bulbs. As anyone tried any of these as replacements?

James
95 525it

Scott H
02-20-2006, 09:37 AM
by opening the access panels inside the cargo area (carpeted panels on the left and the right sides just in front of the D pillar). The only that opening the tool kit will give you access to are the reverse lights.

I've gone through the owner's manual and the Bentley, and neither is very helpfull. I need to replace the brake and taillight bulbs. How do I get at them?

calmloki
02-20-2006, 09:37 AM
There are two bulb holders on either side of the tailgate, the two closest to the tailgate are hard to see until you get your head down and look. The backup light bulb holders are inside the tool kit panel on the tailgate.
Tom Walrod

calmloki
02-20-2006, 09:44 AM
There are two bulb holders on either side of the tailgate, the two closest to the tailgate are hard to see until you get your head down and look. The backup light bulb holders are inside the tool kit panel on the tailgate.
Tom Walrod

Jjcarr
02-20-2006, 10:58 AM
That got it, thanks. I refused to believe that BMW would require that I remove the body trim to replace the bulbs. Didn't think to look in the rear quarter panels. Found all the bulbs and replaced them.

Thanks
James