PDA

View Full Version : Idle

t_marat
02-20-2006, 04:22 AM
At idle I can hear the sh-sh-sh sound from the engine. It is not very pronounced, but you can hear it if you lean over the engine. Is it the way it should be or air is being sucked in?
I tried spraying carb cleaner around vacum lines, did not get any rev increase. Used Hi-Gear carb cleaner:
http://www.higearproducts.net/en/prod_fs.htm

Boom n Zoom
02-20-2006, 05:04 AM
t_marat,

It could possibly be a leak from the exhaust manifold gasket (Against the head) or it could be from the flange gasket (Bottom of the exhaust manifold there is a joint to the rest of the exhaust or engine pipe), it will get louder if you drive it and load it up, that is if you try driving up a longish hill in a higher gear than you would normally use the sound will definately get louder.

Just a thought to check at least.

Boom n Zoom

t_marat
02-20-2006, 07:23 AM
I changed the gasket on the rear of the gearbox, and at that time the mechanic checked for any leaks at the exhaust manifold. Could not find any. He said any leak would make itself visible by turning to black the nearest surrounding area. He did check also with his hands for any leakage (while engine is running).
He said that the sound is likely from the ICV valve.

Akhil
02-20-2006, 11:00 AM
it turned out to be Non-Return valve of brake booster. Neepal was broken and air was being sucked from the tiny hole. I sealed theat home and it fixed that problem.

Hope that will help.

Good luck
Akhil

t_marat
02-20-2006, 01:32 PM
it turned out to be Non-Return valve of brake booster. Neepal was broken and air was being sucked from the tiny hole. I sealed theat home and it fixed that problem.

Hope that will help.

Good luck
Akhil
Does that leak affect idle quality? any roughness?

Akhil
02-20-2006, 01:43 PM
idle and gas milage got better after fixing that leak. I also pleace vaccum hose, rubber seal at booster and all the clamp at some time. You might wanna check whole vaccume route from intake to booster including non-return valve.

Akhil