PDA

View Full Version : Touring owners....rear wiring translation pages....

Scott H
02-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Here are the translation pages I promised a couple weeks ago. It's a good thing to have handy along with the write-up on Bruno's website when doing the rear harnesses.

Scott H
02-19-2006, 08:37 PM
hmmmm.

Try a link instead

PDF File (http://www.hersted.org/E34%20Touring%20harness%20wiring.pdf)

Here are the translation pages I promised a couple weeks ago. It's a good thing to have handy along with the write-up on Bruno's website when doing the rear harnesses.

Rigmaster
02-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Wow! Thanks Scott. Maybe this will prompt me to actually fix my wiring... :)

Bret.

Scott H
02-19-2006, 09:20 PM
without buying the repair harnesses ($160/ea with car club discount), but in order to get at the problem area, you need to cut open the braided sheath that protects them in the first place. I found almost all of my wires were severed or well on their way to being cut. It explains why most of my gate functions did not work......in fact, it's easier to list the few things that DID work....

1) tailgate would open via middle handle/switch
2) wiper would start but not shut off or park properly
3) right reverse and right lic plate lights worked
4) of course the mechanical key operated gate portion would work as it is independent of wiring
5) high stop mount worked but was repaired

that's it!!!!! the rest was toast

Wow! Thanks Scott. Maybe this will prompt me to actually fix my wiring... :)

Bret.

Scott H
02-20-2006, 12:01 PM
I forgot to seperately note the two white/green wires you will find in the left repair wiring harness. The only way to determine the difference so you know which ones to connect is to test with multimeter.......updated document.