PDA

View Full Version : A chip question for MarkD

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
02-19-2006, 03:48 PM
I read somewhere that the Lucas disc type injectors I installed on my M5 flow more at maximum than the pintle style injectors (Bosch) that were on originally.

I get a bit of brown smoke during full throttle runs but have yet to run it on a dyno/AF probe since the change from the OE injectors and chip. I'm running a Dinan Gen4 now (pondering EAT...) Do you think that would explain the smoke?

Here's the run with the OE parts from 2001. IIRC, the dyno guy said it was running a tad lean then.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/interalian/Dyno_0709.jpg

I still have the OE injectors but swapping back for experimentation is a bridge too far.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
02-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Any kind soul care to bump this? Oh, wait a minute...:)

Brandon J
02-20-2006, 02:14 PM
Since the computer can comepsate for a certain range using the lambda control input I would not worry for now. If you can, do get a dyno run with A/F. Then you will know for sure if the injectors are affecting the a/f mixture. I know several people using the Lucas injectors, including myself and we like them.

MarkD
02-20-2006, 05:12 PM
I read somewhere that the Lucas disc type injectors I installed on my M5 flow more at maximum than the pintle style injectors (Bosch) that were on originally.

I get a bit of brown smoke during full throttle runs but have yet to run it on a dyno/AF probe since the change from the OE injectors and chip. I'm running a Dinan Gen4 now (pondering EAT...) Do you think that would explain the smoke?

Here's the run with the OE parts from 2001. IIRC, the dyno guy said it was running a tad lean then.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/interalian/Dyno_0709.jpg

I still have the OE injectors but swapping back for experimentation is a bridge too far.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Anthony, I don't see much from the tailpipe of my car when it accellerates.
I really need to see a wideband a/f run.
The a/f ratio should be somewhere between 12.7 and 13 above 5K rpm.

What is the part number and flow rate of the Lucas injectors?

MarkD

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
02-21-2006, 07:49 AM
What is the part number and flow rate of the Lucas injectors?

MarkD

Unfortunately I don't have a P/N or flow rate for the Lucas injectors unless there's a part number printed on them (haven't looked yet). They were purchased from my local Dinan distributor with no documentation for a price I thought was reasonable compared to the $1450 the stealer wanted (less than half) for new OE parts.

I'll put the beast back on the dyno this spring for a test run.

dmenheere
02-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Hi Anthony/Mark

I think the P/N is 13641317446. This is the replacement injectors for the 3.6L and the only injectors for the 3.8L. The 3.8L has a higher regulator pressure (3.5 Bar vs 3.0) for increased flow. These are the injectors I am running since they were a fraction of the price of the bosch ... check the link below.

hth,

Dave Menheere

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=HD93&mospid=47412&btnr=13_0343&hg=13&fg=15

Unfortunately I don't have a P/N or flow rate for the Lucas injectors unless there's a part number printed on them (haven't looked yet). They were purchased from my local Dinan distributor with no documentation for a price I thought was reasonable compared to the $1450 the stealer wanted (less than half) for new OE parts.

I'll put the beast back on the dyno this spring for a test run.