PDA

View Full Version : Search function out? Trans program error

calmloki
02-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Nothing seems to happen when I click the search this forum or search tabs. Want to read up on clearing transmission program error message and what all can cause such a message on a 93-94 525i. I recall something about disconecting the battery and then holding the battery cables together for some period of time? Can someone point me in the right direction until search comes back?
Thanks, Tom Walrod

632 Regal
02-18-2006, 07:04 PM
trans program errors are different than engine codes, I doubt the reboot method would help. Have yo checked the trane fluid level yet?

Scott C
02-18-2006, 08:53 PM
Nothing seems to happen when I click the search this forum or search tabs. Want to read up on clearing transmission program error message and what all can cause such a message on a 93-94 525i. I recall something about disconecting the battery and then holding the battery cables together for some period of time? Can someone point me in the right direction until search comes back?
Thanks, Tom Walrod

Start Here!
http://www.bmwe34.net/e34main/trouble/TransProgram.asp
weak battery can allow this message. Did you go into limp mode? (Stuck in 3rd gear forward?)

calmloki
02-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Thanks guys - May look at a car that has the error message noted - new and first conversation w/ the owner has the trans at 300,000 miles(!) with no reverse and slow to shift - so I'd bet low fluid is at least part of the problem! Having learned a little more I'm not sure I'm too excited about this one....
Tom