PDA

View Full Version : Another New Guy Intro

Kristuphir
02-17-2006, 10:26 PM
Hey all, I'm Chris and I just bought myself a nice black on black '91 535i 5-speed with 182K and brand new tires for $3800. It needed a good cleaning but otherwise just has the standard issues - a little shimmy at freeway speed being the only noticeable one (I just bought the parts from BMA, all Lemfoerder, and will do the complete front end rebuild next weekend). Other things are some dents in the hood (will replace from junkyard), seat twist on the pass side, and headrests don't go (sounds like an easy fix). Otherwise interior is in great shape with no rips or tears and minimal wear.

I moved up from my E30 325is of a few years, which I bought stock, brought up to cherry maintenance-wise, and added an H&R Cup Kit and throwing star replicas to. It turned out that a little fun stiff runabout-style car wasn't the most practical for me after all, even though I loved it to death, and I became enamored with E34s, especially after driving the 535 I wound up buying. A 5-speed was required for me and I feel lucky to have found an example close to home at such a decent price. Everything works on the car, and it's just worlds different than the E30 (which is now for sale....

....)

I love the pull of the 3.5, not so fond of the mileage but I knew what to expect, and generally am amazed at the sporty/luxurious feeling of a 15-year-old car that has virtually no squeaks or rattles. This forum helped me greatly in making the decision to purchase the car and knowing what I should expect, and I'm not worried about the issues it does have because I know that I'll be able to fix them with little problem.

Sorry for the novel but I do like to go on about this car...

dacoyote
02-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Welcome to the Gang

mattyb
02-17-2006, 10:50 PM
yeh, welcome. i have 5 speed envy

632 Regal
02-17-2006, 11:47 PM
hello Kris and welcome a broad...lol

it nice that you have done your research before even posting, I'm wondering if somehow we can use this post as a poster child on how to enter our little world.

Kristuphir
02-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Hey thanks. Yeah, I'm a champion lurker and searcher, but I'll still have some questions for you guys in the coming weeks after I deal with the suspension...:)

BigKriss
02-19-2006, 01:40 AM
welcome to the board

kyleN20
02-19-2006, 09:58 AM
e30 325is for sale you say, im interested, i just tried to buy one and it was sold of from under me, that seems to happen alot to me. talk to me about it, and your location, i might be interested. ohh yeah and welcome to the board

kyle

Kristuphir
02-19-2006, 11:36 AM
e30 325is for sale you say, im interested, i just tried to buy one and it was sold of from under me, that seems to happen alot to me. talk to me about it, and your location, i might be interested. ohh yeah and welcome to the board

kyle

PM sent! :)

Kristuphir
02-19-2006, 11:38 AM
yeh, welcome. i have 5 speed envy

There seem to be a lot of 5-speeds for sale lately, especially considering how few of them were made relatively speaking...you should buy one!

kyleN20
02-19-2006, 11:59 AM
pm sent back:( sadly its too much for me:(