PDA

View Full Version : Intensive wash u/s on e34 please help

andytlman
03-16-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi new to the board hope sombody can help me i have an e34 535sei with normal wash for front screen and intensive wash.The intenive wash has stopped working but the motor is good and when i use the normal wash it works ok but also fills the intesive wash bottle any help gratfully received cheers andy

632 Regal
03-16-2004, 03:30 PM
I learn something here every day. Sorry I dont know the answer to your question. (for obvious reasons)

KenB
03-16-2004, 06:35 PM
That's news to me too. Are we talking about a car or a washing machine? Anybody??? Class???

Anthony (M5 in Calgary)
03-16-2004, 06:41 PM
The intensive wash and normal wash lines are connected to the wash nozzles directly. Each nozzle has check valves to stop one pumping backward into the other system. It sounds like you have a bad nozzle or two - that's the first place to look. Does the intensive wash motor run?
Anthony

Scott H
03-16-2004, 06:42 PM
That's news to me too. Are we talking about a car or a washing machine? Anybody??? Class???

KenB
03-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Aha...thanks for clearing that up for me.

632 Regal
03-16-2004, 10:30 PM
Aha...thanks for clearing that up for me.

andytlman
03-17-2004, 04:19 PM
The intensive wash and normal wash lines are connected to the wash nozzles directly. Each nozzle has check valves to stop one pumping backward into the other system. It sounds like you have a bad nozzle or two - that's the first place to look. Does the intensive wash motor run?
Anthony
The intensive wash pump does not go but it is not faulty(i have removed it and manualy connected 12v to it).When i press the stalk for intensive nothing happens but if i disconect the pump and press the same button the wipers start? i donot seem to be able to find the location of the washer control unit any idea where it is cheers for the help i will have to change the check valves in that line as well by the looks of things

KenB
03-17-2004, 05:58 PM
Hey Jeff,

Do you change the mileage on your sig every day???

Paul in NZ
03-17-2004, 07:07 PM
I think the control unit for the intensive clean is in the small box forward of the strut tower .Maybe the fact that the pump doesnt run prevents the circuit working.I havent quite tracked my problem down yet but the resevoir leaks so when you push the button you would expect the wipers to go but no fluid to pump....incorrect..nothing happens at all yet my normal wash wipe is fine