PDA

View Full Version : Need help with torque values on VW 2.0 litre

Steven G
02-16-2006, 06:43 PM
HI,
Sorry this isn't a BMW question, but I'm working on a 2003 VW Jetta with 2.0 litre gas engine. I need torque values related to four bolts which hold oil filter oil cooler housing ass'y. The housing is bolted to the front of the engine block and the oil cooler and filter are installed on the housing. There is a metal gasket between the housing and the engine block. If anyone has info on VW (similar to BMW's TIS) I'd appreciate receiving it.

Thanks.
Steven G.

Bill R.
02-16-2006, 06:54 PM
http://www.bimmer.info/%7Ebill/VWoilffilter.jpg
HI,
Sorry this isn't a BMW question, but I'm working on a 2003 VW Jetta with 2.0 litre gas engine. I need torque values related to four bolts which hold oil filter oil cooler housing ass'y. The housing is bolted to the front of the engine block and the oil cooler and filter are installed on the housing. There is a metal gasket between the housing and the engine block. If anyone has info on VW (similar to BMW's TIS) I'd appreciate receiving it.

Thanks.
Steven G.

Steven G
02-16-2006, 08:11 PM
Hi Bill,
Thanks for the excellent information and your quick response. Now I can put this thing together. (I was hoping you'd be around). Thanks again!
Steven G.